question

Philip Higgs avatar image
Philip Higgs asked Phong Vu answered

CID-116 It is possible to set a phone number with ID as a caller ID only for group owner

What does this message mean - we are receiving this as an error when making a Ring Out API call. The request has been working correctly for months and has stopped working in the last couple of days.

What configuration change would have caused this to happen?

caller idringout
3 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Hello! Can you please tell us more about your issue? Where do you see this error?

0 Likes 0 ·
Philip Higgs avatar image Philip Higgs mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Hi,

When we call the /ring-out endpoint of the API we get a 403 response with the message:

"CID-116 It is possible to set a phone number with ID [number] as a caller ID only for group owner"

This API call was working fine up until a few days ago. I'm assuming some configuration change has been done at our end to the RingCentral system, but I don't know what it is. I can't find any documentation on the CID-116 error.

Please can you explain what circumstances cause the error to be raised?

Many thanks

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ Philip Higgs commented ·

Thanks for clarifying, Philip! Since this is a Developer issue, I will move your question to the Developer Community.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

Sorry for the confusion that made your question being passed back and forth between the developer and user community.

Since you said that it used to work before, I doubt that there was some change in the phone number assignment in your account. To investigate the issue, someone will need to have a look at your account setting. Since this is a public forum, I would say it's best to submit a dev support ticket to get help.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys