News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
cannot authenticate with sandbox because 911 address not set, but also cannot set the address
Tags: developer sandbox
Jan 7, 2023 at 4:53pm   •   2 replies  •  0 likes
Zachary Spath

When I attempt to authenticate with my sandbox credentials I am prompted to set my address however I always get this error.

"Invalid address. Please enter a valid address or contact our support for advanced help."

I'm using the same address that I've used for 3 years and I've tried about 5 other valid addresses as well. None of them are accepted.

I contacted RingCentral Partner Support and opened a ticket on the web portal, escalated that ticket. I'm getting no where with support channels.

Has this address problem happened to anyone else? I've been stuck here for a couple of weeks and it's costing me significant development delay at this point.

on Jan 9, 2023 at 7:39am   •  0 likes

What is the support ticket number?

on Jan 10, 2023 at 8:20am   •  0 likes

Thank you Phong

When I went to get the case number just now it was closed. No one at RingCentral had even touched the case.

on Jan 10, 2023 at 10:19am   •  0 likes

The support team said that you have not replied to any email they sent out to your email address (rcecolink@inteXXX.com) so they case is closed after 7 days.

Anyway, let me try to help you here.

What is your sandbox account id or main company number?

Is the sandbox associated with your production account or was it created via a free-tier sandbox?

Do you need to set the sandbox up for developing an application for your production account? If so, what feature do you want to test with the sandbox?

I am aware of some issue with emergency address for sandbox account due to some change recently. Basically, we don't support emergency calls for sandbox account. But the emergency address is required by the RC app. And earlier, one can set it via the RingCentral soft phone app, which is not available for sandbox anymore while setting up a phone device in the account admin. This is complicated, right?

But please answer my questions above so I can see what I can help you further.

1 Answer
answered on Jan 12, 2023 at 10:46am  

(424) 261-7823 is the main number on the sandbox.

The sandbox is associated with our office production phone system.

Our application EcoLink has been in production and in the RingCentral app store for about 3 years now. We use the sand box for developing features such as Oauth2 authentication, call routing, call recording, texting

We are using a 3 stage authentication and 2 weeks ago the authentication started insisting that we use an e911 address but each address we enter has some kind of validation error.

I cannot set the address upon authentication and I can't set the address from within the service portal.

on Jan 12, 2023 at 11:08am   •  0 likes

Is that the 101 extension you want to set? I see that the 101 user has selected an "Existing Phone" which is not provisioned and it shows the status "Offline".

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us