question

Business Inquiries avatar image
Business Inquiries asked Joel DuBroy answered

ring central meeting without asking people to download the app

There is this note on the ringcentral site stating:

"NOTE: You can join from the web browser. When prompted to open the RingCentral Meetings app or to download the app, click Cancel, then click join from your browser. Enter your name, then click Join."

However there is no place to click Cancel on the invitation. Many clients are not open or willing to download an app just for a meeting.

I want to be able to use ringcentral for our meetings but this is a limiting factor.

I would appreciate help.

meetings
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Joel DuBroy avatar image
Joel DuBroy answered

I think for desktop users they can join in the browser.

For mobile devices, they'd be prompted to grab the mobile app. The only exception to this is to run a user agent switcher in the browser to trick the site to allow the meeting to run in the browser. This would be more of a hassle than grabbing the mobile app, AND it'd be a less enjoyable user experience.

Zo0m, MS Teams, and others also require an app download on mobile devices. "Yeah but everybody uses Zo0m/Teams..." well hopefully we see more people use RingCentral. I've downloaded a bunch of apps for single-use before and simply removed them after the meeting or process was over.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app