News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
What is the flow of creating RingOut for users?
Tags: ringout, ringcentral app, rest api
Mar 2, 2023 at 6:04am   •   1 replies  •  0 likes
Vadym Polishchuk

I want to integrate RingCentral into my app to make phone calls to the customers. Let's say there is a button `Call` for every customer on my website and if I click this button a new RingOut will be created through API (this endpoint). So my question is what happens after that, if I use my phone and have RingCentral app installed on it? For the moment I can't test it myself, because I can't have my sandbox account on my phone. Will there be a notification on my phone that the call is happening? Or will I have to switch to RingCentral app to see the call there? Also, can you use RingOut without RingCentral app, but with using default phone system?

1 Answer
answered on Mar 2, 2023 at 8:39am  

I guess that you want to have a feature on your web page that lets a page visitor to call you by clicking a button e.g "Call us" instead of asking them to dial your number on their phone. If so, here are the instructions.

1. Provide the button e.g. "Call us", when a visitor clicks the button, display an input asking him to enter his phone number. Or next to the "Call us" button is an input field "Enter your phone number"

2. After the visitor enters his phone number and clicks the "Call us" button, send the phone number to your backend and make a ring-out call from your backend.

var params = {
      'from' : { 'phoneNumber': "Your-Phone-Number" },
      'to'   : {'phoneNumber': "Your-Visitor-Phone-Number"},
      'playPrompt' : false
    }

When you make that /ring-out call, any phone associated with the "from" phoneNumber will ring. So on the sandbox environment, if you login the RC app for sandbox, the phone on the RC app will ring. On the production environment, your RC app (desktop and mobile) will ring.

You can also test with your PSTN number by setting the "from" phoneNumber to your mobile number.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us