News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
MSG-242 Error when trying to send SMS on Production
Tags: sending sms
Apr 17, 2023 at 2:35pm   •   1 replies  •  0 likes
Oscar Villa

I am getting a "MSG-242 The requested feature is not available" error when trying to send sms in my production app. I checked and saw that SMS was enabled, but when I go to https://platform.ringcentral.com/restapi/v1.0/account/~/extension/~/sms I get a message saying

"message" : "Internal Server Error. Consult RC Support." ,

Is anyone able to help?

1 Answer
answered on Apr 17, 2023 at 2:59pm  

Has your company registered for a TCR campaign yet. Has you company requested and got approved campaign id(s) yet? If not, check the process on the top orange banner and follow the instructions to process the registration steps.

If your company has done both the above and still got blocked sending SMS, please submit a customer support ticket.

on Apr 17, 2023 at 3:05pm   •  0 likes
We have requested our campaigns already and have them approved as well.
on Apr 17, 2023 at 3:06pm   •  0 likes

Both TCR and campaign id approved?

And can you send/receive SMS via the RC app?

on Apr 17, 2023 at 3:09pm   •  0 likes
Yes we put in 3 campaigns and have 2 approved. I have the campaign ids as well. Also, I can create subscriptions successfully and can send/receive sms from the sanbox app, but when I try doing it on the production app, I get a MSG-242 "The requested feature is not available" error message.
on Apr 17, 2023 at 4:03pm   •  0 likes

I am asking if you can send/receive SMS via the RC app in your production, not your sandbox account.

What is your account id or the app client id (sandbox is enough)

on Apr 17, 2023 at 4:06pm   •  0 likes

I try to do so in the production, but I get that error. My app client id is IY3GU9YiQwO8K4u6XU_wHA

on Apr 17, 2023 at 5:07pm   •  0 likes

I found nothing wrong with your app. I could see different failures when you sent SMS via API.

All the numbers in your account are SMS enabled, except 2 numbers are not SMS enabled. Can you give me the number you tried to send SMS from? Don't post the entire number just e.g. (650) XXX-1234 is enough.

on Apr 18, 2023 at 8:08am   •  0 likes
No I cannot. The number I am trying to use is (760) XXX 4355
on Apr 18, 2023 at 9:39am   •  0 likes

The number is your account main company number and is not SMS enabled.

If you are the IT admin of your RingCentral account, you can submit a customer request to provision (enable SMS) for your main company number. And remember that as the main company number, you have to assign the number to an extension via the IVR setting to handle Fax and SMS of the main company number.

on Apr 17, 2023 at 5:01pm   •  0 likes

So could you send/receive messages via the RC app or not?

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us