question

Robert Goth avatar image
Robert Goth asked Phong Vu answered

Queries for active calls every 5 seconds only works for 5 times

I have a php page that queries for active calls every 5 seconds. I want to get incoming calls and updating my database with existing calls, whether it was answered/missed, how long the call was ect. It works great for 10 queries then will not allow further queries until after a time has passed. I am assuming there is a limit to the number of queries allowed. I am in sandbox mode. Will this limit change when the App goes into production mode? Is there a way to automatically open a url when a call comes in on rings end. Any help would be appreciated.

caller id
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

The usage group of that API (I assumed you are talking about this API) is Heavy which means the rate limit is 10 times per 60 secs. So calling the API every 5 secs will hit the rate limit for sure. And will be the same limit on the production environment.

However, for such use case, you should not poll but use one of the notification filters to get notified when there is an incoming call, the call is answered or not then the call is disconnected.

If you don't need lots of data, you can use the presence event notification with the filter "/presence?detailedTelephonyState=true"

If you need lot more data and different call statuses, use the telephony session even notification filter.

Read this blog and this blog for further information about telephony session event notifications and some use cases.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys