News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
Sandbox Ring Central App N/A after logging in with RC Phone App.
Tags: softphone
Apr 21, 2023 at 8:13am   •   5 replies  •  0 likes
Paul Cookson

I have downloaded the RC Phone App and swapped to the Sandbox URL, and logged in to the App using my Sandbox Credentials however the RC Phone App in Sandbox still says it is N/A.

5 Answers
answered on Apr 26, 2023 at 2:07am  

Here is the image of my SandBox Account with Ring Central App N/A this means I can not get a Device ID for the Ring Central App so can not make calls with it or Answer Calls.ring-central-sandbox.png

answered on Apr 24, 2023 at 9:18am  

So I can run the Web Based Ring Central Application and that seems to work ok, however the Ring Central App is still showing status N/A.
I tried downloading the latest Ring Central Application from the Web Based Application but using that version of the Ring Central Application I can not log into the Sandbox Account.

on Apr 24, 2023 at 9:22am   •  0 likes

Say "downloading the RingCentral Application" do you mean you download the Window or the Mac RC app for desktop? If so, the desktop app does not support sandbox mode.

answered on Apr 24, 2023 at 8:26am  

Yes if I log in to both the Sandbox Admin Portal and RC App with

User: 02038872720

Extension: 301

I see the same thing the Paul Cookson Ring Central App Status N/A

on Apr 24, 2023 at 8:57am   •  0 likes

Checking you sandbox account I see that it is the U.K sandbox account. Try this link instead.

https://service.devtest.ringcentral.co.uk/

Then from the service web, try to launch the RC app from the services icon on the top right corner.

screen-shot-2023-04-24-at-85517-am.png

answered on Apr 24, 2023 at 7:19am  

Can you login your sandbox admin portal, or the RC app for sandbox with the same login credential?

answered on Apr 24, 2023 at 9:28am  

I downloaded the Ring Central Application for Windows from the option in the Web Based Application. I just wanted to try to get a Windows Application that was detected in Sandbox.

I have the original Ring Central Application for Windows that does support SandBox using ctrl f2 but that is not detected by the Sandbox account as Ring Central Application shows status N/A

on Apr 24, 2023 at 9:35am   •  0 likes

You mean the RingCentral soft phone app, which shows N/A?
screen-shot-2023-04-24-at-93051-am.png

Can you make a screenshot and share? I think that should work for sandbox accounts in the U.K too but I don't have a U.K sandbox account to try.

If that is the case, you should submit a dev support ticket to get help.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us