question

Paul Cookson avatar image
Paul Cookson asked Paul Cookson answered

Sandbox Ring Central App N/A after logging in with RC Phone App.

I have downloaded the RC Phone App and swapped to the Sandbox URL, and logged in to the App using my Sandbox Credentials however the RC Phone App in Sandbox still says it is N/A.

softphone
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

Can you login your sandbox admin portal, or the RC app for sandbox with the same login credential?

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Paul Cookson answered Phong Vu commented

Yes if I log in to both the Sandbox Admin Portal and RC App with

User: 02038872720

Extension: 301

I see the same thing the Paul Cookson Ring Central App Status N/A

1 comment
1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Checking you sandbox account I see that it is the U.K sandbox account. Try this link instead.

https://service.devtest.ringcentral.co.uk/

Then from the service web, try to launch the RC app from the services icon on the top right corner.

screen-shot-2023-04-24-at-85517-am.png

0 Likes 0 ·

So I can run the Web Based Ring Central Application and that seems to work ok, however the Ring Central App is still showing status N/A.
I tried downloading the latest Ring Central Application from the Web Based Application but using that version of the Ring Central Application I can not log into the Sandbox Account.

1 comment
1 |3000

Say "downloading the RingCentral Application" do you mean you download the Window or the Mac RC app for desktop? If so, the desktop app does not support sandbox mode.

0 Likes 0 ·

I downloaded the Ring Central Application for Windows from the option in the Web Based Application. I just wanted to try to get a Windows Application that was detected in Sandbox.

I have the original Ring Central Application for Windows that does support SandBox using ctrl f2 but that is not detected by the Sandbox account as Ring Central Application shows status N/A

1 comment
1 |3000

You mean the RingCentral soft phone app, which shows N/A?
screen-shot-2023-04-24-at-93051-am.png

Can you make a screenshot and share? I think that should work for sandbox accounts in the U.K too but I don't have a U.K sandbox account to try.

If that is the case, you should submit a dev support ticket to get help.

0 Likes 0 ·
Paul Cookson answered

Here is the image of my SandBox Account with Ring Central App N/A this means I can not get a Device ID for the Ring Central App so can not make calls with it or Answer Calls.ring-central-sandbox.png

1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys