question

Zachary Spath avatar image
Zachary Spath asked Zachary Spath answered

Error creating sandbox in new account

sandbox.pngI just logged in as an administrator into the developer portal and created an App. However at the end of the app setup there is an error that the sandbox cannot be created. I tried creating a second app and got the same error. I don't see anything else I can do to fix this.

developer sandbox
sandbox.png (64.0 KiB)
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

Is this a free-tier sandbox account (meaning not a sandbox associated with your production account)? The title is about creating a sandbox but the popup shows "app creation".

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Zachary Spath answered Phong Vu commented

No this is not a free-tier this is one of our customers production accounts.

Yes the title of my post is sandbox creation but I got the error after doing the inital App set up. I can log into the developer portal, and I can create an app. but there isn't a sandbox account so I can graduate my app.

1 comment
1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Saying that the sandbox account is associated with your customer production account, do you know that your customer has setup the sandbox account?

Can you give me the sandbox main company number so I can check it for you.

0 Likes 0 ·
Zachary Spath answered Phong Vu commented

Thank you for the reply. There is no Sandbox environment main number... that is the problem. See screen shot below There is no Main Company Number for the Sandbox Environment.

I can give you my ungraduated app's client id.

-J_Ayj93TeaNzdlq0T9uLg

Can you find the account with that?

Thank you.

Zak

no_sand_in_sandbox.png

1 comment
1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

I checked and saw that this account does not have a sandbox account setup yet. so I just created a sandbox account on your behalf. Please login your developers portal again and login the sandbox to setup, add more users/phone numbers if you need.

screen-shot-2023-05-03-at-75616-am.png

1 Like 1 ·
Zachary Spath answered

Thank you Phong.

1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys