News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Ring group for 2 users and 2 physical phones
Tags: ringcentral app
May 8, 2023 at 6:35am   •   1 replies  •  0 likes
Matthew Rafacz

We have 2 users and 2 physical phones. I setup a ring group, which seemed to be working properly, until we discovered the second user cannot have a call ring through to his mobile app (his app accepts calls made to his extension). I went to the settings page, and the "ring group" is for "user #1 desktop and mobile", and then for "both of our physical Yealink phones (listed together as 1 box)". I tried to add user #2 desktop and mobile, but then I got this error:

"When selecting simultaneous distribution, there can only be up to 2 phones enabled. When selecting sequential distribution, there can only be up to 2 phones inside a ring group. Reduce the number of active phones or number of phones inside ring groups in Call Handling & Forwarding in order to change this setting."

Is there a way that both user's apps and both physical phones ring simultaneously?

1 Answer
answered on May 9, 2023 at 10:07am  

Matthew,

In the Call Handling area - you have the ability to set as below:1683651777368.png

This rings my desktop app, my physical phone, and my mobile (with slight delay for connecting to the underlying carrier) No ring group needed.

Or, are you trying to make one extension ring to two+ separate users? The best for that then would be a Call Queue.

What's the end result, if I missed the mark?

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us