question

Jose Malaga avatar image
Jose Malaga asked Phong Vu answered

"Insufficient Permissions" - SMS API

Hi @Phong Vu ,

You've helped me before. I think I'm having the same issue with not having permissions for SMS API. Can you please help me activate the sandbox number?

Thank you!

sending sms
2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

What is the sandbox phone number?

0 Likes 0 ·
Jose Malaga avatar image Jose Malaga Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

sorry here it is +14242994218
Thank you

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

Nothing is wrong with your phone number. I see you have 2 apps in sandbox environment. Both apps have the RingOut and SMS app scope and you should be able to call SMS API.

Show me the code how you call the API and the entire error. Make sure that you login your app with the user in your sandbox account.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

Your last reply includes a long unclean response and the service blocked it. But I had a look at the first line as saw that it failed at the code where you called the /phone-number endpoint to check the user's phone number and the number feature. This API require the "ReadAccounts" app scope and it is missing from your app settings.

Login the RingCentral developer portal, open your app settings and add the missing app scope and test again.

1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys