News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
How to allow emails into a team chat, coming from noreply@xmatters.com
Tags: message
Jun 7, 2023 at 1:39am   •   2 replies  •  0 likes
Thomas Friedl

Hello, after creating a new team and sending emails to it from inside our company mail domain works flawlessly. However, mail addresses from outside our company's mail domain seem to get blocked. Maybe they are considered to be spam. My question would be, is there a way to allow external mail senders to post into group chat, in a way that mail clients can add mail addresses to a safe sender list? Thank you.

2 Answers
answered on Jun 8, 2023 at 9:44pm  

Thank you for taking time to respond.

I thought of this feature as some kind of standard, since you can just use the three-dot-context menu of the team and pick 'Post message via mail'. You can even pick 'Copy mail address to clipboard'.

1686285606521.png

You then get an address like {some numbers}@{some more numbers}.mvp.unifyoffice.com.

I will ask inside my company, if that has been implemented manually.

Thank you again.

on Jun 9, 2023 at 7:11am   •  0 likes

Thanks for the clarification.

I have never used that feature before so I am totally not aware of it. It's the built-in feature of the Team Messaging then. Let me move this thread to the User Community so you can get better help.

answered on Jun 7, 2023 at 8:00am  

I am not fully understand how and who implemented the backend engine of your app which reads inbound emails and post to a designated team. I am not aware of any setting or service from RingCentral that posts emails to a Team Messaging team. So it seems that it is your own company implementation or a 3rd party service.

Can you clarify more about where and how you setup such a service so I can figure how who can help you with.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us