News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Tracking hours
Tags: user hours
Jul 23, 2023 at 8:40am   •   1 replies  •  0 likes
Les Radford

How to track my hours worked on RC? Our company bases our calculated Time Stamped hours on payroll How can I as a remote agent see my hours worked in real-time or at the end of the day?

1 Answer
answered on Jul 23, 2023 at 3:20pm  

It depends on whether you are an admin or a standard user. IF YOU ARE AN ADMIN you have access to the analytics portal. I can explain further if you confirm that you are an admin user, since you have quite a lot of options here.

IF YOU ARE A STANDARD USER, the only "easy" way to find out how much you've worked would be to export your call log history for a given time frame, then sum up the Duration column in excel.
This will give you the total call handling time, I believe (including ringing time, live talk, on hold time, wait time in queue for calls received through a call queue).

If you are a standard user, but want to have access to the analytics portal, an Administrator would have to change your role to a Manager/Super admin, or create a Custom Role with access to Analytics.

on Jul 23, 2023 at 4:57pm   •  0 likes

I'm certainly not ungrateful! The operations manager decided to use RC to keep track of and pay outbound agents for the time they are on the phone talking or making calls makes sense right? If an agent is off the system for over 10 minutes every minute over 10 minutes is subtracted from the time already worked! So if you worked an hour and took a 30-minute lunch then that 20 minutes would come off the hour or 60 minutes you get paid for 40 minutes! lol, It just seemed with this mathematical process of getting paid I've been short on my pay I mean by a lot Thats my reasoning behind seeing if there was some way RC could let me know at the end of the day how many hours I was TIME-STAMPED for! Thank you for listening!

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us