question

Benny Dadon avatar image
Benny Dadon asked Phong Vu answered

How add new user in sandbox account

I'm working on integrating SMS API in our CRM. So I create a sandbox account in which one user like a super admin is already created. So from the super admin number SMS is successfully sent but I want to test if any other user who is not super admin can send SMS or not.

For this purpose, I need to add one user, but when I try to add a user, you don't have any number left.

I try to purchase the phone number and add the user but can't.

So please let me know how I can add a user.

I also have another question as I have an existing RingCentral enterprise account where I add 20 users can I disable or delete any user from there and add the same phone number and user in the sandbox account?

Thank you.

developer sandbox
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

Try this to add more phone numbers (max 4 ) and more users (max 4) to your sandbox when you face that problem.

- Click the "+ Add Number" button and select a number to purchase (costs are just shown as examples). Assign the number to the Auto-receptionist.

- Add a new user and choose the newly purchased number for the new user.

If this does not work, submit a dev support ticket here.

screen-shot-2023-07-24-at-61942-am.png

For you second question, sandbox account and production account are completely different accounts. So the answer is no, you can share numbers or any properties between your production account and your sandbox account.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys