News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Open letter to whomever can stop the 'redesigning' staff.
Tags: admin portal, ringcentral app, customer service
Aug 24, 2023 at 11:37am   •   3 replies  •  10 likes
Joe Cache

Hi, and welcome to the fray... [gets on the soapbox]

Long time listener... first time caller.

To whomever in the RC staff that redesigned the Admin UI to make it even more difficult to see settings - you've done a great job. [/sarcasm]

It's now almost, no - IS - impossible to see a users settings at a glance and see what's wrong with their options.

Seriously... the whole idea of web design is to make it as few clicks to the data a client wants to see. NOT more, less.

As an Admin, I want to be able to see at a glance - the entire status and settings of a user. You've already hobbled the screen width, you've made it impossible to shift columns, and now you've hidden the data behind even more unneeded pull-down and -outs.

PLEASE - for the love of the gods, ask an ADMIN what an admin wants to see - not your boss... not some transient VP or CIO. They're not the ones who have to use this day by day.

As a web designer, your mission in life is to make 'it' better, whatever GUI it is. To take tiny steps forward in making a product that is 'better, faster, stronger' etc. - Question bad design - nay, Reject it!!!

Please please please @Becky-Community_Manager - stop these people before they make your product completely unusable. Seriously, how many committees did this go through and NO ONE said anything?!?

[/soapbox]

on Nov 14, 2023 at 9:43am   •  0 likes

Ran across this looking for some way to suppress end-user program notifications. And I'd like to say that whatever updates were coming have either not gotten here, or were barely noticeable. It's a giant steaming pile of clickfest to update a user's Call Handling, where before it was super fast and easy.

on Aug 24, 2023 at 4:34pm   •  1 likes

Fully agreed. I just got done training my staff where to find things in the admin portal and now it's suddenly different, unintuitive, and unnecessary. The only good change was changing the work hours and after hours to clearly show which hours are active/inactive, but of course that is not hidden 4 steps into the user tab, rather than a previous 2 clicks to that area.

on Aug 25, 2023 at 1:59pm   •  1 likes

If only they'd listen to their clients...

@tak-it1 - you're pretty quiet on this latest. Thoughts???

on Aug 27, 2023 at 9:49pm   •  3 likes

Yeah Joe, I completely agree.

I am not a fan of this update, and usually, I'm pretty impartial to GUI changes. Moving a setting here, changing the layout there - no problem; but this time the team missed the mark. It's needlessly complex and just makes everything that much slower to administrate. There definitely needs to be some tweaking and hopefully, it can be improved upon. The idea is there and I get the logic behind it: keep the experience on the app and the admin portal similar. But, the admin portal still needs to keep the primary focus of being first and foremost: efficient.

1 Answer
answered on Aug 28, 2023 at 12:49pm  

Hey, all - Sorry I'm just seeing this, but I reached out directly to the Product Managers of this feature/function and was told they are working on some fixes to help improve cross-user navigation.
When I have further details, I will absolutely update this thread.
Please feel free to reach out to me at the Community.Support@RingCentral.com email if you have questions or I can hep further.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us