question

Roth IT avatar image
Roth IT asked Welcome answered

Sharing / forwarding a voicemail - Do not have ability to share with email, only message.

Someone received a voicemail and they want to send it to someone else. Easy, they find the voicemail, hit the More button, and choose "share". But this person does not have "Share with Email", only "Share as message". We discourage using messages because we have about a half dozen other messaging tools and do not need another one (wish I could turn this off entirely but I digress). Why does this person not have Share with Email? How can I grant them this ability?

voicemail
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Welcome avatar image
Welcome answered

I think RC doesn't offer Share with Email yet? Maybe it needs to be requested as a new feature.
In the meantime you have the option to add an email address in the Admin Portal>Notifications settings for a user. This way all voicemails will be received by the user in the app, and also shared as an email with the email addresses you've added in "Notifications". It's an all or nothing approach, so might be not the right thing for you.

To the same effect you can ask RC Support to enable Shared voicemail. In this way you can select co recipients, which will receive the voicemail in the app(as opposed to via email). Again, your users won't have the choice to share any individual voicemail - all will be shared with the co-recipient if you use this feature.
https://support.ringcentral.com/article-v2/Intro-to-Shared-Voicemail.html?brand=RingCentral&product=MVP&language=en_US

If you want to disable messaging, you need to contact RC Support and tell them you want to remove the Messaging button on the app via the "composability process".

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app