question

George Schally avatar image
George Schally asked George Schally answered

List Devices - Which ID Field is DeviceID

I'm successfully listing devices, and I can identify my phone in the list. I want to do a make call out with this information, but I've tried several ID fields in the returned data, I'm not sure which one is correct. I'm getting CMN-102 error that the Device ID is not valid.

Which of the ID fields returned from List Devices should be used? The ID field directly after URI in the Records Array?

call handling
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

You should check if the device status is "online".

{
  uri: 'https://platform.ringcentral.com/restapi/v1.0/account/80964xxx/device/80297055xxx',
  id: '80297055xxx',
  type: 'SoftPhone',
  sku: 'DV-1',
  name: 'Softphone',
  serial: 'LM8JWMD6R',
  computerName: 'LM8JWMD6R',
  phoneLines: [
  {
    id: '1006902016',
    lineType: 'Standalone',
    emergencyAddress: { required: true, localOnly: false },
    phoneInfo: {
      id: 121412120016,
      phoneNumber: '+1209921xxx',
      paymentType: 'Local',
      type: 'VoiceFax',
      usageType: 'DirectNumber',
    }
  }
],
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

George Schally answered Phong Vu commented

Thank you for the information. The device returned is always "Offline". The customer uses Ring Central softphone through Avaya Cloud for Google extension on Chrome. Do you know if this application supports providing the device ID for call control API usage?

1 comment
1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

I am afraid that the device id you see is not the device id of the soft phone you mentioned. I recommend you to open a dev support ticket so someone can have a look at your account and devices.

0 Likes 0 ·

Hello,

I followed your recommendation and created a ticket on the support forum. I received a confirmation email with a case number, but it's been several days and I've received no updates. When I go to this link, https://support.ringcentral.com/case.html it indicates I have no open cases. Any advice for me?

Thanks,

George

1 comment
1 |3000

Do you have the case number?

0 Likes 0 ·

Reference number is 20971212

1 comment
1 |3000

Check with the support team and they said that communication via email was sent yesterday but no reply. The email associated with the ticket is te***@cdc-tek.net .

Please guess the *** in the email.

0 Likes 0 ·
George Schally answered

Thanks, they reached out to me. However, the email address they sent from does not accept replies. Is there a website where I can respond in the ticket directly? When I go to this link there are no existing cases: https://support.ringcentral.com/case.html

1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys