question

Brian Suarez avatar image
Brian Suarez asked Brian Suarez answered

Line goes straight to voicemail with Line Work Hours set to ring to multiple

I have an active line for a department. I've set current settings for Work Hours as follows:

mon-fri 9-5

Welcome Greetings:

Tell caller they're being connected: enabled

Play music while connecting: enabled

Ring Settings:

call group enabled with 4 rings: enabled

Desktop and mobile apps: enabled

If no one answers:

set to: Send to voicemail

Testing a call to the line it gets through most of the being connected audio then cuts to the "leave a voicemail" message. I've removed the greetings, no effect, goes to voicemail. Set 1 number in the ring settings, no effect, goes to voicemail.

Call forwarding and custom greetings are not enabled.

Is this adjustable to make work or would it be better to convert this line to a Call Queue?

Thank you.

call handlingcall queuescall forwarding
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

tak-it1 avatar image
tak-it1 answered Brian Suarez commented

Sounds like the seat is set to DND

1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Brian Suarez avatar image Brian Suarez commented ·

Thank you for the reply, DND is toggled off. It still goes to voicemail.

0 Likes 0 ·
john-oliphant avatar image
john-oliphant answered john-oliphant commented

Is it really going to VM? :-) Call the number and listen all the way through that VM greeting and see what happens.
Check the welcome greeting. I have a lot of users record a VM greeting here and then contact me about all their calls going to VM. .

snag-3743be4.png

snag-3743be4.png (28.3 KiB)
3 comments
1 |3000

and I listened all the way through and yes, it's going to voicemail.

1 Like 1 ·
john-oliphant avatar image john-oliphant Brian Suarez commented ·

It used to be a LOT easier to dig through the settings and find these things but the new UI has everything spread out in an impossible way.

There used to be a setting for the time (number of rings) before going to VM but I can't find it anymore.

0 Likes 0 ·

Thank you for the reply. I double checked and no greeting is set for this line.

0 Likes 0 ·
Brian Suarez avatar image
Brian Suarez answered

I figured it out. I had the users in the Ring Settings listed with their direct numbers. I changed it to Desktop and Mobile Apps and confirmed with the user that all of their phones rang and she picked up before anyone else. :)

1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app