question

Mohab Sherif avatar image
Mohab Sherif asked Phong Vu answered

Connect accounts

Hey,

I've a RingCentral account on the desktop app with a phone number and contacts attached, I wanted to start using the developer section for this account. Any idea how do I can connect both accounts or extend one, also is there any extra cost as I want to only send SMS messages through developer things?

sending sms
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

Try to login the RingCentral developers portal with the same user credentials that you login the RingCentral desktop app. If you can login the dev portal successfully, then your production account is entitled for having an associated sandbox account. Then check if the sandbox account has been setup or not, if not, set it up. If you cannot login the dev portal, submit a dev support ticket and someone will help you with.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys