question

IT Team avatar image
IT Team asked Phong Vu answered

Error Code: CMN-414

Hi everyone,
I get a CMN-414 error. Cannot find it in error code list of API references. Any ideas why this may be happening?

errors
2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

What API did you call before catching that error? It is usually because of invalid input parameters.

0 Likes 0 ·
IT Team avatar image IT Team Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

I am using Ringcentral.Net (5.28.0) package with .NET and I got this error while trying to send SMS.
My request body is as follows:

var requestBody = new CreateSMSMessage

{

text = item.Body,

from = new MessageStoreCallerInfoRequest { phoneNumber = item.From },

to = new MessageStoreCallerInfoRequest[] { new MessageStoreCallerInfoRequest { phoneNumber = item.To } }

};

The function is working fine in dev environment but breaking in production.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

For the /sms endpoint. Mostly the error CMN-414 refers to invalid recipient phone number number. Can you print out the `item.To` phone number and check if it's a real phone number, E.168 formatted and also check if you can manually send a message to that phone number.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys