News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
RingCentral for Teams Desktop plugin running, but Teams RingCentral embedded application says it's loading
Tags: ringcentral app
Jan 23, 2024 at 6:53pm   •   1 replies  •  0 likes
Marc Crowther

As per title.

I've got the MSI latest version installed, and tried with local administrator credentials on the pc, along with regular user, tried running the teams desktop plugin as admin and teams as regular user (then the reverse of that), tried the latest teams versus teams classic (with same admin/non admin or full admin) and in every scenario, this is what's happening:

• Teams opened and logged in, click on ringcentral embedded app in teams
  • Manually opened ringcentral for teams desktop plugin, appears to be running
  • Go back to teams and ringcentral embedded app says 'Loading RingCentral desktop plugin...' with no further information

Tried checking logs (windows event viewer, rc logs etc) and not sure what exactly is stopping it.

Were I to guess, something is stopping the embedded app from 'seeing' that the desktop plugin is running, but I don't know how else to get around that (having already disabled antivirus, windows firewall, etc) with it still not working.

Any ideas?

1 Answer
answered on Feb 2, 2024 at 9:23am  

I saw this same message that it was loading the plugin and would not get past that. For us, it was a firewall rule. The traffic for the RingCentralForTeams.exe had been denied on the firewall we use. We needed to open some IP ranges up. We found this info for the IP supernets that might need to be opened up for items to work. Network requirements (ringcentral.com)

Once that was added to our rules, the plugin would load fine. I hope that helps in your case, but I don't know if you use any other firewalls.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us