News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
Service is overloaded, please retry later
Tags: sdk
Apr 21, 2016 at 10:22am   •   7 replies  •  0 likes
dave-welch

We received this message when running PubNub to monitor call events using the presence method.

This condition only lasted a minute. Is this going to continue? If so, can we get advance notice?

7 Answers
answered on Apr 27, 2016 at 11:06am  
Thanks for the additional clarification Ralph. Are you only receiving the 503 error in these NoCall scenarios?

answered on Apr 25, 2016 at 11:08am  
Benjamin,

I work with Dave, we got this error when making a request to get active call information after a NoCall (/restapi/v1.0/account/~/extension/<extension>/active-calls?page=1&perPage=1) notification so that we could get the recording URI (contentUri). This call was made via the Platform object's Get method in RingCentral's SDK.

Ralph

answered on Apr 25, 2016 at 10:28am  
This might be only tribal knowledge (and this question is becoming the reference in the interim).

I will submit a ticket to our documentation team to help improve.

answered on Apr 24, 2016 at 7:33am  
Thank you for the response.  It appears that you are correct.  After an overload, the queued messages are delivered.  We did not have a clear understanding of this process. 
If you know where this is discussed in the Ring Central documentation, I would appreciate a link or reference to the resource.  

answered on Apr 22, 2016 at 5:00pm  
AFAIK, when the system reports an overload (at least for Subscriptions), once the transitive error is resolved and normal operation begins again, the queued messages should be transmitted to your application. Was that not the case here?

answered on Apr 22, 2016 at 1:34pm  
Yes the message came from the API while running PubNub subscriptions.  This occurred at approximately 1:30 AM and was transitive.  Normal operations began again after approx. a minute.

answered on Apr 21, 2016 at 4:06pm  
Hey Dave,

This looks like it came from our API and not PubNub.

Could you tell me more about when this happened, the request you had submitted, and what your use-case is please? I don't wish to make any assumptions and I want to help you get accurate answers.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us