News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
Authorization Issue
Tags: getting started
May 18, 2016 at 8:10am   •   4 replies  •  0 likes
zeeshan-yousaf

4 Answers
answered on Feb 2, 2022 at 4:00pm  

Hi @kakar thanks for the screenshots, what I don't see in there is the base 64 encoding of your Client ID and Secret before you send the postman auth request. Add this code to do the same inside of "Pre-request Script". Note that you need to have those as environment variables or you can just hard code those values inside of this script.

Give it a shot and let me know the result.

// Populate the Postman environment with:
// RC_SERVER_HOSTNAME, RC_APP_KEY, RC_APP_SECRET,
// RC_USERNAME, RC_EXTENSION, RC_PASSWORD
var appKey = environment["RC_APP_KEY"];
var appSecret = environment["RC_APP_SECRET"];
var apiKey = encodeBasicAuthHeader(appKey, appSecret);

postman.setEnvironmentVariable("basic_auth_header", "Basic ".concat(apiKey));

function encodeBasicAuthHeader(appKey, appSecret) {
    var apiKey = appKey + ':' + appSecret;
    return btoa(apiKey);
}

answered on Jan 27, 2022 at 9:23pm  

Hello all,
i am trying to use rest api for devtest password based authorization. but i am get error "Unsupported grant type" with error code "OAU-250" even i have used the correct Content type and my app has password flow selected

screenshot-12.png

screenshot-13.png

screenshot-1.png

answered on Jan 27, 2022 at 8:58pm  

Hello all,
i am trying to use rest api for devtest password based authorization. but i am get error "Unsupported grant type" with error code "OAU-250"

screenshot-10.png
screenshot-11.png

on Jan 27, 2022 at 9:10pm   •  0 likes

Hi @kakar
Request you to remove the attachment and re-upload it with your password blurred out.
To answer the question, the content type you are using seems to be incorrect form-data in the body tab of postman

Please refer to the API docs here
The correct content type for oauth request should be "application/x-www-form-urlencoded".
Could you please try that?

Hope this is helpful

answered on Jul 4, 2019 at 11:32am  

Before testing the service, following things to be checked:

correct client I'd and secret, username should be phone number and extention number should be correct and allowed permission and correct url based on environment like sandbox/ production

answered on Jul 2, 2019 at 11:40pm  

correct client I'd and secret, username should be phone number and extention number should be correct and allowed permission and correct url based on environment like sandbox/ production

answered on Jun 28, 2019 at 5:41am  

answered on May 23, 2016 at 9:08am  
Making this conversation private since you've shared your API keys and user credentials via the graphic (and we wouldn't want someone to hack your account with this information).

I see you're trying to hit the Production API Endpoint URI: https://platform.ringcentral.com/restapi/oauth/token are your keys being used for that environment or are they for the Sandbox API Endpoint URI: https://platform.devtest.ringcentral.com/restapi/oauth/token ?

Are the user credentials being used associated with the appropriate environment?

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us