question

z-admin2902 avatar image
z-admin2902 asked Tyler Liu answered

Push notification in a single application for all the subscribed extensions

Hello Team,

I have a simple application that would run on the server. I would like to achieve the below using this application.

1. Subscribe for all the extensions using the single account
  2. Once subscribed I would like to receive the notifications(call) for each extension on this application
  3. I would then like to filter each notification based on the extension number and accordingly send the call details using my software on the call center rep's desktop.
  4. So basically RingCentral's desktop app will run on every agent's desktop but my notification application will run only on one server where it should be able to receive all the call notifications .
  5. After the above I would send the call details received from the notification app to my CRM web app running on the call center rep's machine.

I hope the above is clear, the whole idea is to make call center representatives

receive the call notifications in real time without running the subscription apps on their respective machines.

I am using C# SDK.

Please let me know if the above is possible to do, if yes then how can we achieve it using the C# SDK.

Thanks.

sdk
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Tyler Liu avatar image
Tyler Liu answered
I am not familiar with call center. Is a call center rep in charge of multiple call center agents?

For C# SDK to monitor all the notifications for all the extensions, please check the doc here:  http://ringcentral-csharp.readthedocs.io/en/latest/usage/notifications/Subscriptions/ and scroll down to the bottom.

Once your application get the notifications, you can filter them and do whatever to them based on your needs.
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

z-admin2902 avatar image
z-admin2902 answered
Hello Tyler,

Thanks for the reply. I checked the above link but still i have question.

Consider i have 20 call center agents using the ring central desktop app. whenever they dial or receive a call will it  be possible to receive the notifications on a single app which has subscribed for all the agents , i know a filtering would be needed based on extension id but would just like to be sure on this. 

Thanks.
1 |3000

Tyler Liu avatar image
Tyler Liu answered
Yes it is possible.  You just setup subscription for all the 20 extensions and you will get notifications on a single app. And in order to monitor all the extensions, you might need to authorize your app with the admin account. Any more question please reply.
1 |3000

z-admin2902 avatar image
z-admin2902 answered
thanks for the answer, i just need to get the list of all the extensions and then subscribe them from my app thereafter i will start receiving the notifications for all the extensions on the same app correct?
1 |3000

benjamin-dean avatar image
benjamin-dean answered
Yes, all within the same application.
1 |3000

z-admin2902 avatar image
z-admin2902 answered
thanks for the reply it is really helpful.
Now i am trying to subscribe for multiple extensions,  i am using the below code but it is not working, am i doing something wrong . Is there another way to subscribe for multiple extensions in c#. i have just pasted the line where i am adding the filter as rest of the code is well known by you guys.  Please help.

subscription.EventFilters.Add("[/restapi/v1.0/account/~/extension/138705004/presence. " + "/restapi/v1.0/account/~/extension/138797004/presence]");

1 |3000

benjamin-dean avatar image
benjamin-dean answered
You need to escape the double quotes properly, and use a comma to separate array elements in JSON.

Try using this instead:

"[\"/restapi/v1.0/account/~/extension/138705004/presence\",\"/restapi/v1.0/account/~/extension/138797004/presence\"]"

If that doesn't work, please share the response (with headers) you are receiving.

Let me know if the above change resolves the problem.
1 |3000

Tyler Liu avatar image
Tyler Liu answered
Please post your question here:  https://github.com/ringcentral/ringcentral-csharp/issues since it if about the C# programming language.

EventFilters is List<string> so you just add the two items in your code sample one by one.
1 |3000

Tyler Liu avatar image
Tyler Liu answered
Please read this thread  https://github.com/ringcentral/ringcentral-csharp/issues/54

Scroll down to the bottom and there is a fully working demo with detailed instructions.
1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys