News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
oauth/token API not working for my new production account - why am I getting [ThirdPartyAppAccess] permission required error?
Tags: developer sandbox
Feb 25, 2017 at 3:29am   •   4 replies  •  0 likes
priya-ranjan

I have got my main account production approval just yesterday. I have collected API KEY/SECRET for production and trying to run my ode on it. Very strange that I am getting error and the error part of the response is highlighted below.

"Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2017 09:18:03 GMT  Server: nginx/1.10.2
  WWW-Authenticate: Bearer realm="RingCentral REST API", error="invalid_client", error_description="[ThirdPartyAppAccess] permission required"
  Content-Language: en
  Content-Type: application/json; charset=UTF-8"

I also tried with API Explorer and getting following error

{

"error": "invalid_grant",    "error_description": "Invalid resource owner credentials."  }

I was also not able to log at https://service.ringcentral.com/login/enter.html?s=1210&localeId=en_US#/number for production account and it gave me the attached screen!!

Please help me asap as i have to graduate my company account to production as well next week.

4 Answers
answered on Jun 26, 2019 at 6:30am  

The production url to call API is https://platform.ringcentral.com and sandbox url for API : https://platform.devtest.ringcentral.com

This is the common mistakes many people does. Also the credentials are different of production from sandbox environment. These credentials details will be send by support team once the application successfully pushed to production.

answered on Feb 27, 2017 at 3:13pm  
For production password issue, please reset your password by clicking on "Forgot Password?" and follow the wizard. You could also reach RingCentral customer support or your account manager to guide you in resetting your production account password.

answered on Feb 26, 2017 at 9:24pm  

Many thanks for the reply. I have already submitted the above problem details to the developer support team from my email account linked with the RingCentral account. Hope to get a reply today i.e. Monday.

answered on Feb 26, 2017 at 6:03pm  

Please send email to the developer support team or submit a support ticket.

It seems like an account permission issue.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us