News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
Display phone number on salesforce task record
Tags: getting started
May 16, 2017 at 8:10am   •   3 replies  •  0 likes
noah-kates-rose

I would like to be able to see the phone number that an inbound call originated from in salesforce on the task record. Is there an out of the box way to do this, or a simple workaround? I have looked but don't see anywhere that the phone number is input in salesforce other than the 'subject' field as 'inbound from 555-5555'. This gets over written in my org when the reps change the field to the disposition value.

Let me know if this is possible,

Noah

3 Answers
answered on May 18, 2017 at 12:39am  
Hmm...It may depend on the phone number format saved in Salesforce. It looks like the number is saved as '+1 xxx-xxx-xxxxx' in your system. But the RC for Salesforce app now supports number saved in format of '(xxx)xxx-xxxx'. Would you mind if you share me with your email address? I am wondering if we can have a screen sharing session so that I can elaborate a bit more regarding this.

answered on May 17, 2017 at 9:55pm  
Thats the major problem actually. Ringcentral is not doing a good job at matching with the contact entities. I have no idea why and have not been able to get an answer. Having the phone number on the task would allow me to automate it myself. Can you explain to me why ringcentral is having so much trouble attaching tasks to contacts? 

Here is a screenshot. As you can see none of these calls have connected to contacts. They do connect but it is very rarely (less often on inbound than outbound). If you can help me understand why I would really appreciate it. 

answered on May 17, 2017 at 8:44pm  
I am afraid that it is not supported at the moment. But I would like to know more about the requirements. Do you mean that you would like to find the phone numbers in a task field even if the phone numbers are already matched with entities in Salesforce?

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us