News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Status continues to show "offline" even though it has been changed to "available" many times - why and how do we fix?
Tags: presence
Apr 15, 2016 at 8:52am   •   14 replies  •  0 likes
froelich

We have a user who's status shows as "offline" even though she has repeatedly changed it to "available". She has logged and back in and it still will not budge from "offline". How can we fix this?

14 Answers
answered on Aug 23, 2023 at 3:36pm  

I had this issue, and I talked to support I talked to collogues looked everywhere online, I GOT THE ANSWER!

https://community.ringcentral.com/questions/496/blf-on-yealink-phones.html

This answer indirectly answered it for me!

I figured this out when I added a new shortcut on the phone and his original status was working, but the new one wasnt!

well it is all because of the "blf" number in value!

custom-resized-581ea671-a58a-4cd1-aa6b-cafec5ecb75.jpeg

I noticed instead of the extension number in value, it showed a blf number. Now I needed to find that blf number, and that is where that article came in handy!

to find it simply log into your admin --> go to users --> Select the user in the list, now look at the URL, it will say https://service.ringcentral.com/application/users/users/default/xxxxxxxxxx. Those x's are the number you need! Simply put blfxxxxxxxxxx into the value section and viola! you will now be able to see the statuses!!!!!

blf.png

answered on Dec 27, 2019 at 7:53am  
I have the same problem. My status keep changing to invisible. This is my app version Version: 19.12.1 (E. 5.0.12), Build: 7 (rev. 825554e5). I am using windows desktop.

answered on Dec 27, 2019 at 8:27am  
If you're experiencing this issue, please open a case with our Tech Support team. 

answered on Dec 20, 2019 at 3:01pm  
Yep same..I did have an update last night but even after that it is still an issue.

answered on Dec 20, 2019 at 2:49pm  
This issue is still happening.  Status changes to "in meeting"   No meeting, nothing on calendar, not on call or video.  Manually change back to Available then after an unknown time has passed, shows in meeting again. 

answered on Dec 19, 2019 at 4:48pm  

ok so I just signed up to RC about a month ago so I am pretty sure I have the most recent version. I will check and if it continues I'll contact support. Thanks!

answered on Dec 19, 2019 at 3:05pm  
The incident, INC-24687, has been resolved. Please make sure to update to the latest version of the app and restart your app :) 

answered on Dec 19, 2019 at 10:20am  
any update on this - it's happening for me as well

answered on Oct 23, 2019 at 11:35am  
We are getting the same issue here now on a fresh install.

answered on Oct 23, 2019 at 9:30am  
Same here hope they can fix it soon

answered on Oct 23, 2019 at 8:21am  
This is happening at our office as all. All Desktop apps, everyone is showing invisible and it will not go show as online even if we go to change it.

answered on Oct 23, 2019 at 7:47am  
Coworkers and i having the same issue, everyone shows as invisible in RingCentral/Glip desktop PC app. When I change to Available it immediately changes back to invisible. I have tried restarting the app and no change.

answered on Apr 15, 2016 at 9:02am  
Which product is being used: Desktop App, Mobile App, etc?

answered on Apr 15, 2016 at 9:03am  
Desktop app -

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us