question

froelich avatar image
froelich asked Moshe Adelman answered

Status continues to show "offline" even though it has been changed to "available" many times - why and how do we fix?

We have a user who's status shows as "offline" even though she has repeatedly changed it to "available". She has logged and back in and it still will not budge from "offline". How can we fix this?

presence
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

kim avatar image
kim answered
Which product is being used: Desktop App, Mobile App, etc?
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

froelich avatar image
froelich answered kim commented
Desktop app -

5 comments
1 |3000

froelich avatar image froelich commented ·
It is version 8.0.6.20118, and says it is up to date

I'll have her try the troubleshooting steps
1 Like 1 ·
kim avatar image kim commented ·
What version does the users have? Is it up-to-date?
Also follow the troubleshooting steps listed here for basic Desktop App troubleshooting and let us know.
0 Likes 0 ·
Hello- just checking in to see if the user was able to resolve this with the troubleshooting steps provided above?
0 Likes 0 ·
froelich avatar image froelich commented ·
That did not work, but she spent an hour on the phone with tech support last week, and after setting up a new extension for her, uninstalling and reinstalling, things are finally working for her now.  Thank you!

0 Likes 0 ·
Thank you for the update! :-) 
0 Likes 0 ·
ryan-p avatar image
ryan-p answered saadetswift16514 commented
Coworkers and i having the same issue, everyone shows as invisible in RingCentral/Glip desktop PC app. When I change to Available it immediately changes back to invisible. I have tried restarting the app and no change.
3 comments
1 |3000

jessica-community-moderator avatar image jessica-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·
Hi Ryan,

This is a known issue and is being actively worked on!

If you create a case with support, please mention INC-24687. Thanks. 
0 Likes 0 ·
julie-chekenian avatar image julie-chekenian commented ·
Has this been fixed?  I have tried every application - app.glip.com, extension, app by itself.  My status keeps changing from Available to "In a meeting"  after a certain period of time.  Thanks

0 Likes 0 ·
saadetswift16514 avatar image saadetswift16514 commented ·
Hi Julie, this issue is still being investigated. Please open a case with Support and include the Incident number that Jessica provided :)
0 Likes 0 ·
daecy-king avatar image
daecy-king answered
This is happening at our office as all. All Desktop apps, everyone is showing invisible and it will not go show as online even if we go to change it.
1 |3000

jeremy-gunn avatar image
jeremy-gunn answered
Same here hope they can fix it soon
1 |3000

roberto-borias avatar image
roberto-borias answered
We are getting the same issue here now on a fresh install.
1 |3000

michele-palulis avatar image
michele-palulis answered
any update on this - it's happening for me as well
1 |3000

jessica-community-moderator avatar image
jessica-community-moderator answered
The incident, INC-24687, has been resolved. Please make sure to update to the latest version of the app and restart your app :) 
1 |3000

michele-palulis avatar image
michele-palulis answered

ok so I just signed up to RC about a month ago so I am pretty sure I have the most recent version. I will check and if it continues I'll contact support. Thanks!
1 |3000

julie-chekenian avatar image
julie-chekenian answered
This issue is still happening.  Status changes to "in meeting"   No meeting, nothing on calendar, not on call or video.  Manually change back to Available then after an unknown time has passed, shows in meeting again. 
1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app