News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
Renew Subscription fail
Tags: subscription
Aug 23, 2017 at 12:12pm   •   8 replies  •  0 likes
jicihome-.

Are the renew subscription requiere that webhook respond within 1000 milliseconds because I'm getting a unreachable error? Maybe you should put more time because this depend on a lot of thing that we don't always have control. I think that 5000 should be enough for everyone. Or maybe we should be able to set "never expire"

8 Answers
answered on Sep 25, 2017 at 11:26am  
Any news on that?

answered on Sep 5, 2017 at 5:22pm  
Finally. My test doesn't seem to give result. Always have the 
{
    "errorCode": "SUB-521",
    "message": "WebHook is not reachable",
    "errors": [
        {
            "errorCode": "SUB-521",
            "message": "WebHook is not reachable"
        }
    ]
}
error and this is exactly the same thing when I register the webhook the first time and this is not fast enough for ringcentral. Need to retry a lot of time until this work. But renewing make the webhook deleted if fail and I need to register it again...

answered on Aug 26, 2017 at 9:19pm  
This is what I already do. Using the renew endpoint to renew it before. But got this issue. But I think I have an idea why now. Will do some test and tell you if this work. Thanks for reply

answered on Aug 26, 2017 at 7:15pm  
The 1000ms requirement should be for general response, e.g. creating a webhook (verification) and events. It's interesting that you are only seeing this during subscription renewal. If this is the case, you can proactively renew the subscription since you know the expiration time. When you see a verification header you can have your server respond immediately without calling the other API endpoint.

We are looking into non-expiring webhooks but the above may be able to solve your situation now.

answered on Aug 26, 2017 at 7:14am  
I have do some test with some other API endpoint and your API, and a lot of time, this can take more than 1000 ms. So I think this is very very restrictive and should be raise. I never reach 3000ms, So I think this is enough. Sometimes, I reach a little bit over 2000.

answered on Aug 23, 2017 at 1:51pm  
So what I suggest is one of:  remove the need to renew subscription or raise the 1000ms limit at least

answered on Aug 23, 2017 at 1:51pm  
The issue is not about the expiry event but with the 1000 sec too short for us. So if the API try to renew the webhook, but got an "unreachable" error because 1000sec is over, I will get the same problem.

answered on Aug 23, 2017 at 1:10pm  
Have you setup an event filter for WebHook expiry events? 
/restapi/v1.0/subscription/~?threshold=XXX&interval=YYY

Using this event filter you can manage the threshold and the interval for the events and you can re-subscribe later. 

For more information on how to receive expiry events, please take a look at our 

QuickStart Guide for Subscription using Webhooks

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us