News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
graduation requirements issue
Tags: getting started
Nov 13, 2017 at 4:23am   •   3 replies  •  0 likes
thompson

Hi,

My sandbox is a little bit broken, in that I cannot make calls. RingCentral support used remote desktop to check this, accepted there was a problem, then kindly generated some fake call data for me so I can work with the api.

My 'app' is very simple and only requires the 'ReadCallLog' permission. My problem is this permission only exposes 6 endpoints. I need to hit 5 of them for my graduation, but the call data I have does not include Call Recordings. I don't actually want call recording data, but I need to hit those endpoints to get my graduation count to 5.

Because I don't have call data with recordingIds I can't hit the endpoint.

So, can someone please generate more call data so I can jump through the graduation hoops, or just allow my app to graduate anyway. It's a read only app for call logs, so totally harmless.

Thanks

3 Answers
answered on Nov 13, 2017 at 10:04am  

Can you do a quick check and let me know what you see.

1. Login to your sandbox account https://service.devtest.ringcentral.com

2. Click the Users tab and select the user with the phone number you were trying

3. Select the Phones & Numbers option from the right panel. Then select the Phones tab

4. Click the Edit button and read the Device, PC name and Status values

If status is "online", click the "Deauthorize this Computer" button and save the settings. Then from your softphone, logout and close your softphone (on MacOS, you have to Quit the app). Reopen the softphone then login and try again.

If the status is "offline", do the same steps as the above without the option to deauthorize your computer. Refresh the browser and let me know if the status stays as "offline" all time.

If that does not help, send me your account info and problem description to the developer support team.

+ Phong

answered on Nov 13, 2017 at 9:23am  
Hi Phong Vu,
If there wasn't a configuration problem with my sandbox that would be the way to generate some call logs.  My sandbox is a little bit broken, in that I cannot make calls to another user. I will try again in case someone has fixed it, but I doubt they have.

answered on Nov 13, 2017 at 9:03am  
Hi Thompson,

Open this link then download and install the RingCental softphone into your Windows/MacOS laptop. Follow the instructions to login in sandbox mode then you can make test call, receive calls to generate a call log.

Hope this helps,
+ Phong

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us