question

bill-love8841 avatar image
bill-love8841 asked brian-kleinfall8967 commented

RingOut problem - why did the "to" phone become the first leg and "from" phone the second leg?

We developed all features with RingOut API in sandbox for our web application. Yesterday it worked perfectly.Today strange things happened. When made call, somehow the "to" phone became first leg and "from" phone the second leg. The response after RingOut request was as something like

{

"id": "Y3MxNjk2MTIzOTgyNDMyMTUyMDlAMTAuMjguMjAuMTEw",
    "uri": "https://platform.devtest.ringcentral.com/restapi/v1.0/account/~/extension/~/ringout/Y3MxNjk2MTIzOTgyNDMyMTUyMDlAMTAuMjguMjAuMTEw",
    "status": {

"callStatus": "Invalid",
        "callerStatus": "Invalid",
        "calleeStatus": "Invalid"
    }
}Can someone let me know what went wrong?
ringout
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

John Wang avatar image
John Wang Deactivated answered
Does your RingOut set the 'playPrompt' property to 'true'?

If it's true, the 'to' should be dialed first and the user should be prompted to press '1' to connect the call.

If not, both legs can happen at the same time.
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

vyshakhbabji avatar image
vyshakhbabji Deactivated answered
@BillLove,  Can you provide us with the full API Request ? 
1 |3000

tyler-tullock8866 avatar image
tyler-tullock8866 answered
Ours is now NOT working as well after working well for many years
1 |3000

Please help!
1 |3000

John Wang avatar image
John Wang Deactivated answered

Bill and Tyler,

Vyshakh and I have both tried to reproduce this unsuccessfully so far.

Please create a support ticket so we can get specific call information from you for our team to track this down.

Thanks,

John

1 |3000

So I just spent an hour with tech support.  It seems to be that a recent change at Ringcentral has FLIPPED the To and From fields.  Have been using the URL as per this page:  https://service.ringcentral.com/ringoutapi/

2. Call

Used to be that for us to call a customer we would put the customer's phone number in the TO parameter and the ringcentral number we wanted the call to connect to (which of our employee's desk phones) in the FROM field.  Now it works in the reverse of that.  But after reversing those fields in the URL I am sending it works as expected. Very very strange that those two fields were flipped without telling customers.

Anyway.  Great support as usual on the phone.

Tyler

1 |3000

alber8852 avatar image
alber8852 answered
Hi Tyler is this from the mobile app or the desktop soft phone app that youre referring to ? I wish we could chose to call from any number prior to making a call. Current the apps whether mobile or desktop only allow you to have a default call out number. So when you call out you only call from that number but sometimes I have customers from different states or areas and Id like to call out from different areas. I know when we manually dial out we can pick a number to call from but I was referring to when we select a contact in the contact part of the app and just call out, it calls out from the default number on the application.
1 |3000

I am just constructing a URL and opening that URL with my custom CRM software.  The URL looks like this and you can call and call from any number...  

https://service.ringcentral.com/ringoutapi/

Look at the sample URL at bottom of section 2. if you are interested.

Tyler
1 |3000

bill-love8841 avatar image
bill-love8841 answered
I searched and found one post similar to us: 

https://devcommunity.ringcentral.com/ringcentraldev/topics/facing-a-issue-in-calling-the-specified-forward-number

In that it said that to use new interface  https://developer.ringcentral.com/api-docs/latest/index.html#!#RefRingOut.html

It seems that RingCentral updated ringout interface but not deprecated old one properly. 

RingOut URI
/restapi/v1.0/account/{accountId}/extension/{extensionId}/ring-out

Please note: The URI /restapi/v1.0/account/{accountId}/extension/{extensionId}/ringout is deprecated, but still supported for backward compatibility.

RingOut Call Status
URI
/restapi/v1.0/account/{accountId}/extension/{extensionId}/ring-out/{ringoutId}

Please note: The URI /restapi/v1.0/account/{accountId}/extension/{extensionId}/ringout/{ringoutId}
is deprecated, but still supported for backward compatibility.

I used "ring-out" instead of "ringout" in the call, everything worked fine now.
1 |3000

brian-kleinfall8967 avatar image
brian-kleinfall8967 answered
Beware my understanding as of 2/21/2018 is that RingCentral is aware of the issue and it should be fixed - so if you reverse the to/from it will be broken again once the fix is applied.  Can someone from RingCentral confirm this please.  I am using ringout.asp API with a HTTP POST.
1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys