News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
I am trying retrieve a call log
Tags: call logs
Mar 29, 2018 at 1:08pm   •   2 replies  •  0 likes
bill259

I am using in sand box the following:

I am getting this error.

{

"errorCode": "InsufficientPermissions", "message": "In order to call this API endpoint, application needs to have [ReadCallLog] permission", "errors": [ { "errorCode": "CMN-401", "message": "In order to call this API endpoint, application needs to have [ReadCallLog] permission", "permissionName": "ReadCallLog" } ], "permissionName": "ReadCallLog" }

I was using ~ because I I do not know where to find my account Id?

2 Answers
answered on Jun 13, 2022 at 7:16am  

Hi Paco-vu.

I did already, but I am keeping an error below.

{ "errorCode" : "InsufficientPermissions" , "message" : "In order to call this API endpoint, one of the following permissions [ReadCompanyCallLog] have to be granted to the authorized user." , "errors" : [ { "errorCode" : "CMN-408" , "message" : "In order to call this API endpoint, one of the following permissions [ReadCompanyCallLog] have to be granted to the authorized user." , "permissionsName" : "ReadCompanyCallLog" } ], "permissionsName" : "ReadCompanyCallLog" }

I allowed ReadCallLog permission to my app, but I am getting an error below when I test api using Postman. I will use this api in my PHP.

But for now, api is not working on Postman, so I don't believe this api will work in my PHP.

Please see this.

https://prnt.sc/UDJ-YWFmJrEK

I am not clear why it keeps an error above.

Please let me know. Please help me!!

Thanks.

on Jun 13, 2022 at 2:15pm   •  0 likes

Please see this question and the answer provided: https://community.ringcentral.com/questions/8397/in-order-to-call-this-api-endpoint-user-needs-to-h-4.html

on Jun 14, 2022 at 6:54am   •  0 likes

Hi Joshi. I already explained enough. I added permission but still getting an error.

on Jun 14, 2022 at 12:12pm   •  0 likes

It's a most likely a role-based issue, you need to use admin credentials. Can you try that?

answered on Mar 30, 2018 at 7:54am  
Hi Bill,

As the error dictated, you need to open the app and add the "ReadCallLog" permission then try again.

If you don't know how to add permissions to your app. Please read this getting started doc (Section "Create your App" step 5.)

https://developer.ringcentral.com/library/getting-started.html

Kind regards,
Phong

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us