News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
Call Recording API Endpoint in Sandbox
Tags: rest api
Mar 28, 2018 at 3:20pm   •   1 replies  •  0 likes
bryan-chauvin

I am trying to develop an application to retreive some Call Log and Call Recording information as well as the actual Recordings. Unfortunately to promote the application to be used in Production and not just in Sandbox you have to use each Endpoint and test your API calls.

This is a problem because the Sandbox doesn't allow you to save Recordings as far as I know.. so I cannot test the Recording endpoint from the API.

I read another post on the forums to post and give the account information so they can add the "Call Recording" endpoint to my Application. So here I am.

The Application I am developing on the Developer Portal is just called "Recordings". Please let me know what else I should provide.

** I tried calling Support to have this done and they said they cannot touch Developer accounts and I need to make a post to do this.. seems odd?

1 Answer
answered on Apr 3, 2018 at 10:40am  
Bryan, I assume you can create on-demand call recordings on Sandbox by using RingCentral softphone. Or if you call via deskphone or PSTN you can try to use *9 as described here https://community.ringcentral.com/ringcentral/topics/code-for-start-and-stop-recording-a-phone-conve...

After that you should be able to test this API in your app.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us