News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
Sandbox call recordings not saving
Tags: getting started
May 18, 2018 at 9:04am   •   3 replies  •  0 likes
joe-t

My overall goal is to call someone in the sandbox, then record the call

with *9, and then retrieve the recording thru the REST API.

The task at hand is to learn how to record phone conversations in the sandbox and play them back.

I have gotten to the point where I set up 2 users successfully in the Sandbox: USER1 and USER2. I can log into each of their accounts on the web. I can even leave voice messages with each other too.

However, the call recording does not seem to work. Here is what happens. From USER1 softphone, I call USER2. After USER2 answers and the users exchange greetings, USER1 hits *9 on her softphone keypad and records the conversation that is about 2 minutes long, then hits *9 again then hangs up.

Expecting to retrieve the recorded call, USER1 logs into his account and Clicks Messages --> Recordings and nothing is there, even after a half hour of waiting.

Also, when USER1 entered *9, USER2 did not hear any alert message that the conversation was being recorded.

What am I missing? Do I need to activate *9 or something?

Thank you in advance,

Joe

3 Answers
answered on May 19, 2018 at 6:33am  
It worked!  Thanks guys!  Now onward to retrieve the call recording via the REST API.  This is funner than a barrel of monkeys.

answered on May 18, 2018 at 6:41pm  
Go to https://service.devtest.ringcentral.com/application/company/autoReceptionist/generalSettings  You need to login with your admin account.

And there is a Call Recording section where you can set call recording options. You can check if the settings look good. If not, change the settings and try again.

answered on May 18, 2018 at 10:16am  
Hi Joe,

The OnDemand call recording should be enabled by default. How fast after ending the call did you check for the recording? Can you check again. It takes some time to finish and make the recording available. You can also login https://service.devtest.ringcentral.com and check from the call-log tab for your recordings. If it is still empty, can you test recording calls by pressing the Record/Stop button on the sof-phone instead of pressing *9/*9

Let me know,
Phong

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us