question

shane-rhoden3969 avatar image
shane-rhoden3969 asked shane-rhoden3969 answered

Incoming call / open chrome / search CRM

Hey! My name is Shane! I've been needing help setting up my RingCentral desktop app (Mac) to open Chrome and then search my CRM for the number calling. Using the "execute commend" under settings in RingCentral desktop (Mac) I can get it to open Chrome using the following command:

open "/Applications/Google Chrome.app"

And I can successfully open my CRM (HubSpot) and search my contacts for the caller number using this command:

https://app.hubspot.com/contacts/4253985/contacts/list/view/all/?query=%P

But I cannot do both. What I need to do is combined these two commands into one, but I do not know how to do that. Can anyone help me? Thank you so much!

integrations
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

saadetswift16514 avatar image
saadetswift16514 answered shane-rhoden3969 commented
Hey Shane! I'm going to move your question over to our Developers Community. They may be able to better assist you :)
1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

shane-rhoden3969 avatar image shane-rhoden3969 commented ·
No luck yet. How can I get help with this issue? The folks at tech support know very little to nothing on this topic. Thank you so much!
0 Likes 0 ·
bjsvec avatar image
bjsvec answered
Shane, this may help with some command line switches you can try:  https://community.ringcentral.com/ringcentral/topics/open-specific-app-and-pass-it-a-url-on-incoming...
1 |3000

shane-rhoden3969 answered bjsvec commented
Hey Brandon,

I've actually already read this article. Rather it's not working or I'm not doing something right. Can someone help me combining those two commands?

Thank you so much!

Shane
1 comment
1 |3000

bjsvec avatar image bjsvec commented ·
I'll play around with it and see if I can help.  I also use a Mac and Hubspot.  I normally use Safari these days, but let me see if I can make it work to not.
0 Likes 0 ·
Thank you so much! I appreciate you!
1 comment
1 |3000

Try using this string:

open "-a"  "Google Chrome" "-g" " https://app.hubspot.com/contacts/4253985/contacts/list/view/all/?query=%P"

0 Likes 0 ·
shane-rhoden3969 answered
Brandon! Thank you SO SO SO much! It worked! I've been trying to figure that out for weeks. You are awesome! Is there anything I can do  to show my gradiude?
1 |3000

bjsvec avatar image
bjsvec answered
No worries.  I am glad to hear it worked. Enjoy.
1 |3000

Hey Brandon! I have a question. I'm using the code you sent me. It is working, but I'm having a small error. When the call comes in, it opens two browser windows in Chrome for the one call. It did this before with my old code as well. Any idea how to fix this? Thank you so much!
1 comment
1 |3000

I am not sure what would cause that.  It does not do that for me.  Maybe it has something to do with browser settings?
0 Likes 0 ·
shane-rhoden3969 answered
Here is the strange part, when I click the test button it doesnt open two tabs. It only does it when I receive a call. Maybe its my call que settings? What are you thoughts?
1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys