News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
When sending faxes, how do I set the default as no cover page?
Tags: fax
Feb 15, 2017 at 6:55pm   •   6 replies  •  0 likes
gavin-chafin

I have a US account and I use the RingCentral IOS App to receive and forward faxes (about 15 - 20 times a day). When I forward faxes, I don't want a cover page (most of the faxes are sent to my own fax machine and printing a cover page is a waste of paper). The default for the cover page is "Contempo" and I have to change it every time to "None" (which is a pain in the butt). How do I set the default cover page for faxes to be "None"?

6 Answers
answered on Jun 17, 2020 at 2:57am  
Hello, I have followed the steps in this article, but there is no save button on the app?? Can you have a look into this for me please.

answered on Dec 13, 2017 at 6:17am  
On a related note.  If anyone wishes to change the default fax cover for all users, or a portion of users, this can be done with the Templates feature through the web portal. 

Just make sure you are logged in as and Admin, then follow the steps, on this page:  Creating and Setting up User Templates

answered on Feb 17, 2017 at 3:35pm  
Gavin,  Can you make sure you are on the most recent version of the mobile app.  If it still won't save the setting then please open a support case.  Maybe there's a bug nobody's reported yet. 

Mike 

answered on Feb 17, 2017 at 3:26pm  
Yeah I'm on an iPhone, I was just trying to help out the original poster, I don't need this issue addressed for me, but I was trying to help troubleshoot.

answered on Feb 16, 2017 at 5:35am  
Gavin,

While Chris' reply will work with the Fax Out functionality in the web portal, it generally will not translate to the mobile application. To change the cover sheet and have it remain to "None" as you would like it to, you need to make sure to Save the changed cover sheet. While it is a large button on the screen, most people forget to click it if they wish to keep the new cover sheet as a default.

I am currently using the Android mobile app but the iOS version should not be that much different. Note my screen shot below. It should be self-explanatory. After you click on the cover page button and have selected "None", make certain to click on the Save button (actually more of a link). That will save the cover page selection in the mobile app.

answered on Feb 16, 2017 at 5:19am  
once signed into your extension through the web portal at ringcentral.com

1.click settings 

2. click outbound fax settings

3.click cover page

4. click default cover page 

5. change to blank

6. click save toward the bottom

7. once back to your settings screen, click save again.

hopefully this is easy enough to follow, i'm not to good with sending and editing screen shots :)

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us