question

shonee-lesh avatar image
shonee-lesh asked sean-mitchell answered

I can receive calls but cannot call out

When I dial a number I get a window with 3 fields. Phone number I'm calling. My location which says custom number as the only option and then Custom number where my number is placed. Then I hit the call button and I get a status window with the following... Call status: cannot reach. Caller Status: Generic Error. Callee Status: Generic Error. Nothing happens and the window shifts back to the dial buttons.

phone
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

saadetswift16514 avatar image
saadetswift16514 answered
Hey Shonee,

Could you provide a screen shot?
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

shonee-lesh avatar image
shonee-lesh answered
I get this....
1 |3000

shonee-lesh avatar image
shonee-lesh answered
Then this

1 |3000

Can you make external calls by not using RingOut?
1 |3000

vanessa-boyer avatar image
vanessa-boyer answered saadetswift16514 commented
Hey there! Has this issue been resolved? I have a team member dealing with the same issue. 
1 comment
1 |3000

saadetswift16514 avatar image saadetswift16514 commented ·
Hey Vanessa,

I haven't heard back from Shonee regarding this. 

Can your team member make external calls by not using RingOut? Does this happen every time or just some? The more information we can get the better :)
0 Likes 0 ·
matt-petry avatar image
matt-petry answered
this happens exactly the same for me as well.
no outbound calls from my PC. app says i am connected. I see my other peers online; can chat.

but any outbound call, internal or external won't work.

all call statues stay as 'in progress' for a while, then call status turns to finished, and the app goes back to dial pad.

my phone doesn't even recognize an incoming call.

when I use the mobile app, calls can be made alright. same account.
no issues there, seemingly.

when will this be resolved?!

1 |3000

Hello Everyone,

In order to help you all, we need to gather more information and troubleshoot. Please open a case or call our Support Team directly.

1 |3000

dan-rosenblat avatar image
dan-rosenblat answered saadetswift16514 commented
We have the same problem any fix yet?

1 comment
1 |3000

saadetswift16514 avatar image saadetswift16514 commented ·
Hey Dan, unfortunately we have not been able to gather enough details from others on this thread in order to assist. It's best to open a case, as I mentioned above, so we can troubleshoot the issue. Feel free to post back with any resolutions that can help people in the future!
0 Likes 0 ·
sean-mitchell avatar image
sean-mitchell answered
Not sure if this is the same with anyone else, but prior to getting the "Callee Status: Generic Error", I got this:

Limit Reached

You have reached the limit of maximum allowed Softphone installations.  As a result, outbound calling is not available.  Enable it by deauthorizing one of your computers:

1. Log into your online account
2. Go to "Settings">>"Phones & Numbers"
3. Click on Phones tab
4. Select "Softphone"
5. Click on "Deauthorize this Computer"

Following those instructions worked for me. 

I hope this helps.
1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app