question

waggoner avatar image
waggoner asked marcus-smith commented

Presence feature. Need the ability to answer a call after it was forwarded to another extension.

We have a call tree setup so if our main receptionist is not at her desk it will then ring the 2nd receptionist. I have enabled presence and set the permissions appropriately so they can answer for each other when needed.

The issue we have is if recept 1 just misses the call and it goes to recept 2, receptionist 1 cant answer the call. Recept 2 shows up on her display but the extension will not light up giving her the ability to answer that call.

Presence works properly on recept 2 where she can see the original call come in to recept 1 and can answer before it transfers to her extension.

I'm sure there is an easy fix or explanation for this but I've been unable to figure this out. Any suggestions or help that could be given is much appreciated.

presence
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

chris-duquette4018 avatar image
chris-duquette4018 answered
as long as each have the permissions set to be able to pickup each others calls it should work. 
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

saadetswift16514 avatar image
saadetswift16514 answered
Hello WAGGONER,

If you share with me the extension numbers of the receptionists, I can look at their settings and make sure they're set up properly :)
1 |3000

waggoner avatar image
waggoner answered waggoner commented
Thank you, recept 1 is 102, recept 2 is 105.
2 comments
1 |3000

waggoner avatar image waggoner commented ·
I will do that, thank you!
1 Like 1 ·
saadetswift16514 avatar image saadetswift16514 commented ·
Permissions look good! I would suggest contacting Support so we can troubleshoot with you live on this one. 
0 Likes 0 ·
marcus-smith avatar image
marcus-smith answered marcus-smith commented
Did anyone find a solution to this? Having the same issue with PA's in our company

2 comments
1 |3000

jessica-community-moderator avatar image jessica-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·
Hey Marcus, 

Like Chris said above, as long as each have the permissions set to be able to pickup each others calls it should work. If this isn't happening in your system right now, make sure to open a case with our Tech Support team! 

0 Likes 0 ·
marcus-smith avatar image marcus-smith commented ·
Hey Jessica, 

Unfortunately it does not work even though they both have permissions. It seems to be when the call moves on to the second step of the forwarding structure you can't then pick up on behalf of the person it has been forwarded to. I have raised a case so will escalate through that route. 

Thanks 
0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app