question

calvin12191 avatar image
calvin12191 asked Tyler Liu commented

Is it possible to use Sandbox account with iOS app?

I have a new sandbox account and am wanting to know if it's possible to use that account in the iOS app?

developer sandbox
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Tyler Liu avatar image
Tyler Liu answered
Yes I think so. We provide Restful API which support iOS.

We have Swift SDK which should work for iOS:  https://github.com/ringcentral/ringcentral-swift
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

calvin12191 avatar image
calvin12191 answered
Thanks for replying so quickly Tyler. Yes the REST API is working for me. My question was whether I can sign in to the iOS app with my Sandbox account and test calls/messages, like I can do with the MacOS desktop app. In the MacOS desktop app I have to switch to Sandbox via Cmd+F2 keys; is there anything like that for iOS app to switch to Sandbox environment for sign in?
1 |3000

Tyler Liu avatar image
Tyler Liu answered Tyler Liu commented
I thought you were talking about programming.

You want to know how to run the official RingCentral iOS app in sandbox mode, am I right?

Let me see.
2 comments
1 |3000

calvin12191 avatar image calvin12191 commented ·
Any luck with this yet Tyler?
0 Likes 0 ·
Tyler Liu avatar image Tyler Liu ♦ commented ·
I asked several colleagues and I am afraid that it is currently impossible.
0 Likes 0 ·
calvin12191 avatar image
calvin12191 answered Tyler Liu commented
Yes, that's correct.
1 comment
1 |3000

Tyler Liu avatar image Tyler Liu ♦ commented ·
I asked several colleagues and I am afraid that it is currently impossible.
0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys