News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
Retrieving call log with company employee ID
Tags: call logs
Oct 26, 2018 at 7:29am   •   2 replies  •  0 likes
wellhart-it

Hello,

We want to obtain call log data to be used elsewhere. Our call log data for other entities that do not use RingCentral always come with an employee ID. We would like to pass this attribute to Google's G Suite and then to the RingCentral SAML app, mapping employee ID to the RingCentral attribute partnerID. Pulling the call log data should be relatively simple, but the requirement of having employee ID in that data makes it more difficult. Have you seen others pull this off successfully, and if so, can you guide me in the right direction?

Thanks!

2 Answers
answered on Oct 29, 2018 at 9:21am  
Hi Tyler,

My understanding is that extension ID is only an internal identifier for the extension and cannot be remapped. Is that correct? We have multiple entities and these identifiers must be consistent across them (some employees provide services to more than one company). So for my use case, the value must be designated by us rather than RingCentral.

Passing this value by SAML would be great, since we use SSO into our RingCentral instance and it may help automate the process. I realize this may not be possible however.

Not sure if partnerID will get us what we want either. Upon review of the documentation, the API will only return account and extension IDs (again, I believe are exclusively internal RingCentral identifiers).

Unsure of how to proceed.

Thanks!

answered on Oct 28, 2018 at 10:26pm  
I believe RingCentral extension ID is similar to employee ID. But not exactly the same thing because each employee could have multiple extensions. I am wondering: how do you handle the case that multiple employees share the same phone? Then there is no way to tell which employee it is for from call log.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us