News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Desktop App: getting a "limit reached" error
Tags: phone, ringcentral app, softphone
May 18, 2015 at 10:59am   •   10 replies  •  0 likes
bob-wenzlau
In the desktop application getting a "limit reached" error.  Using on a macbook pro with Yosemite OS.
8 Answers
answered on May 9, 2018 at 10:39am  
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Continued 'contact' error messages at login. Error message at login (iPad, desktop, and iPhone).  When I log into RingCentral via iPhone, iPad or desktop, I receive the following error message.  Does anyone have any ideas as to why this is happening?

answered on Jun 26, 2017 at 2:27pm  
I am having this issue on every computer I re-install the 8.0.6 version on. We are having a problem with the latest version of your app so we use 8.0.6 then copy a config file to the program's folder to keep it from updating. Once they log in, it advised Limit Reached. I have logged into the Admin Portal and removed a ton of workstations no longer in use but I am still receiving this error message when users log in. Please help.

answered on Jul 29, 2020 at 8:07pm  
Does re-installing the app on a machine remove the softphone under our account? I have spoken with two different Ring Central techs. One told me to de-authorize machines then have the user log out and back in but that did not work. The other tech took a look at one of the example extensions already set in RingCentral who is unable to reply to incoming texts or calls through the app and he advised it was because there was no direct line or phone associated w/ the extension THOUGH the user, and all others experiencing this problem currently, have not had any problems until recently. If I wasn't already bald I'd rip my hair out...I need some help on this pronto!

answered on Jun 26, 2017 at 1:33pm  

We just had this annoying message on a desktop where the user changed, but the desktop didn't. After trying various things, we had to remove the softphone from the admin interface and have the new user log in.  Pretty irritating, as it was our front desk and we were missing calls via the softphone interface during this period.  Seems like a bug, since the very same soft phone was used between the old user and new.

answered on Nov 21, 2016 at 5:00pm  
In addition to what Mike stated above, you can download the iPhone mobile app, which you can use without worrying about the "limit reached" error. With the mobile app you can just about do everything you can do with the desktop app with very few exceptions (i.e., HUD, and the ability to add a custom fax cover page are two off the top of my head).
https://www.ringcentral.com/office/features/rcmobile/app_iphone.html

Additionally, if you use Google and the Chrome browser you can download and install the RingCentral Chrome extension, which again has a few exceptions from the desktop app but is a close second. 
https://www.ringcentral.com/blog/2015/02/ringcentral-google-basics/

answered on Nov 20, 2016 at 2:17pm  
I have the same message. Is the issue here the number of devices where the softphone is installed, or the number where it is logged in?

I have a PC desktop at my office, a PC desktop at home, a Mabook Pro laptop, and an iPhone. I'd like the softphone installed on each of them although fine to be logged in to only 1 at a time.  

answered on May 22, 2015 at 11:15am  
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled limit reached. My boss received this error when attempting to login to his account on his laptop. He only has a laptop and a phone. Why would he receive this message? Additional information which may be helpful. He is the superuser on the account. I did login as the superuser from a different computer in order to update the company directory. I have done this before without any trouble. 

answered on May 20, 2015 at 9:57am  
"Limit reached" error is usually related to the Desktop App being registered to a different PC. Here are the troubleshooting steps to start with for any desktop app error:
  • Log out of the Desktop App and close. (Close it from running in the background as well).
  • Deauthorize the PC online in the website interface under Settings > Phones & Numbers
  • Log back in.
  • Also - Make sure Desktop App version is updated. 

User Portal 

Admin Portal 

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us