question

Avi avatar image
Avi asked Avi commented

Call Logs - Date only format for the date in the DATE column

When the Call Log is downloaded as a CSV file (later saved as Excel), the DATE in the Date Column prefixes the day of the week (ie. Mon, Wed) to the date. Is there a way to format the DATE as Date Only or without the day of the week? Otherwise the date column will sort by the day of the week which doesn't work for my purpose.

call logs
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered Avi commented
Hi,

I believe that either your code changes the format or your Excel settings converts the date format. RingCentral system returns the date in ISO 8601 format including timezone, for example 2018-12-26T18:00:55.530Z.

You can do a quick check by opening the CSV file with a text editor to see if the date was converted. Otherwise, check your code or share a few lines of code where you create your CSV file and save the response so I can help.

+ Phong
1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Avi avatar image Avi commented ·
I didn't perfectly understand your instructions, but using the 'Text to Columns' function and then following the wizard to select Delimited by Space separated the Day from the Date into two separate columns. Ideally it would be preferred if it could export like this but this is a very simple task to get it to work. THANK YOU !
0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys