News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
MMS /none US phone numbers
Tags: sms and text messaging
May 25, 2017 at 9:50pm   •   8 replies  •  0 likes
vs

MMS does not seem to work for Canadian phone numbers. Is there any way around this?

7 Answers
answered on Feb 25, 2019 at 10:37am  
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Seeing pics sent by customers in Canada. Hi. My main listed number for my home service company has been ported over to Ring Central. Sometimes I need to see pics (or rugs or furniture needing cleaning) that my potential clients want me to see so i can quote on them... I can get text messages from my clients, but not pics. to see pics I have to tell them my personal cell phone number, defeating the purpose of having a centralized phone number so more people than just me can interact with that client.  

When will this important service be available in my area if ever?

Thanks in advance, Nathan

answered on Jun 6, 2018 at 7:25am  
Any update on this?

answered on Mar 25, 2018 at 11:02am  
Rogers doesn't work either and I'm told by a tech today that MMS is not currently supported within Canada for RingCentral.  Last update was 3 months ago, but I'm told this today.

answered on Dec 14, 2017 at 9:12am  
Just sent a test pic to and from a Telus cell phone and a Bell cell phone. Don't know anybody with a Rogers cell phone.

Telus can send and receive pics.

Bell can NOT send and receive pics.

answered on Jul 20, 2017 at 9:02am  
Latest update was 3 weeks ago. When I opened the RingCentral mobile app there was a message saying mms was now available so I tried and it did not work. I've now been chatting with support for 20 minutes and they finally told me it still isn't available in Canada. When will this be available? And why would I get a notification saying I can send an mms when I can't?

answered on Jun 22, 2017 at 7:38am  
Mike,
Your comment about a few more weeks for Canadian numbers was 4 weeks ago.
Can we get an update posted?
Thanks.

answered on May 26, 2017 at 5:38am  
For now the feature is only working on US accounts, but our Product Team is aware of this and working on it.  The full rollout isn't expected to be done for a few more weeks.

Mike

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us