News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
My calls are forwarded to my cell. After I receive a call on my cell, how do I forward that call to the phone at the office?
Tags: call forwarding
Aug 17, 2018 at 10:29am   •   3 replies  •  0 likes
law1

I'm having my calls forwarded to my cell. After I receive a call on my cell, how do I forward that call to the ring central phone at the office?

3 Answers
answered on Jan 4, 2021 at 9:47am  

I need all the calls directed to the office line 305-836-1696

answered on Aug 17, 2018 at 11:04am  
You won't be able to just forward the ongoing call from your cell phone to your desk phone or desktop app. If you were using the RingCentral mobile app you would be able to FLIP the call to either of those locations.

If the call is on your cell phone via your cell phone provider, the call can only be forwarded before the call comes in. In other words, you would forward your cell phone calls to another number. You can't forward a live call on any provider that I am aware of.

Bob is correct....try using the RingCentral Mobile app and avoid that issue altogether.

answered on Aug 17, 2018 at 10:33am  
I typically advise users to use the RC Phone app on their cell instead of forwarding. There are multiple benefits to this, including better identification of work calls, the ability to send and receive work texts on cell, and the ability to disconnect from work by logging out of the app.  In addition to these benefits, you also get the ability to use Call Flip to easily switch the call to your desk phone or desktop app.

Beyond that, if the call is 'live' on your cell, then your mobile provider should have instructions on how to forward calls.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us