News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Setting up new IVR
Tags: call forwarding
Sep 6, 2018 at 3:43pm   •   3 replies  •  0 likes
mike-m11681

US - I'm a new user on Ring Central. Trying to setup a simple single level IVR. All I want it to do is prompt people to press 1-4 and send to an extension. I've set up the IVR with the prompt, but now I can't switch from company hours and after hours greetings to IVR. When I select bypass greeting or setup custom rule they only allow me to select an extension instead of the IVR extension. Any suggestions?

on Jan 1, 2021 at 6:51am   •  0 likes

Why are you saying YOU'RE WELCOME? You didn't DO ANYTHING! Just like me, the user had to figure it out for themselves while YOU gave them the WRONG information! Like you always do! You didn't even follow her question!

2 Answers
answered on Jan 3, 2021 at 7:48am  

@Todd Hill - What are you talking about? First of all, after reading your six posts in one day against RingCentral, you assumed that I was a RingCentral employee! That was the first of your mistakes. I am a RingCentral user, just like yourself. I have been helping out on these forums since 2013...and you just joined. I am a volunteer user, previously called a "Champion" in the old Community Forums system for all my contributions, and am NOT a RingCentral employee or other contracted support staff.

I said "You're welcome" because I answered his "Thanks for all the help, Jan...Appreciate your assistance." post. It's called common courtesy. I don't even think you read the entire thread, which is over two years old, because if you did you would have seen the answer I gave was spot on for the information the initial poster gave. I did not give HIM the wrong information and the information I gave HIM caused him to investigate his configuration more, which I obviously could not see or even know about based on his initial post, which led HIM to realizing HIS error.

You stated that I "...didn't even follow her question!" I did, but if you spend even two seconds looking at the thread you would see that I was talking to "Mike"...a HE, not a "HER".

Finally you stated that I "...gave them the WRONG information! Like [I] always do!" If you check my profile, by holding your cursor over my name, you will see that I have nearly 1,000 posts and a reputation of 11031. That reputation is not earned by giving "Wrong information". Again, refer to my first paragraph regarding me NOT BEING a RingCentral employee. I would give you the slightest bit of credence if you had read ALL my 991 responses to other users and prove to me, or anyone else for that matter, that I "always" give the wrong information.

I recommend that you do some research and not go off on a diatribe against other users, assuming that they are RingCentral employees and that EVERYTHING they say is wrong because you read something that was one, two, three years or more in the past when the system was different in many areas. Everyone is human and errors will occur but when you post six negative posts (yeah, I read them all) your first day in it may not inspire anyone to give you ANY information you might need, at least here in the Community Forums, which many in the Community contribute to.

answered on Sep 6, 2018 at 4:48pm  
Thanks Jan.  I think I have that set up correctly.  Each of the key presses is already associated with the correct extension.  I'm just trying to turn the IVR on.  I don't know how to get the IVR to start working as the greeting.  The system is still greeting callers with the Company Hours Greeting.  Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?  Everything I can find online says to switch to multi-level IVR, but I don't believe I need multi-level for this simple setup.

answered on Sep 6, 2018 at 4:24pm  
The numbers 1-4 will associate with an extension. Then you will tell your callers, in your Company Greeting, what to press, i.e., Press 1 for Sales, Press 2 for Support, Press 3 for Office Hours, etc.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us