News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
How to traverse from Company Call Log to Fax or Voicemail
Tags: call logs, fax, voicemails
Mar 21, 2019 at 11:41am   •   2 replies  •  0 likes
rich-sutton

Hi, I'm trying to traverse the API from the Company Call Log to the recordings of every fax and voicemail received across the company.

I can get the call log records, and I see the entries for faxes and voicemails, but I don't see the message element of the returned records, which the documentation leads me to believe should be there.

How do I get to the list of faxes and voicemails of the company without making API calls for every extension or user in the company, which is clearly infeasible?

Thanks in advance!

2 Answers
answered on Mar 21, 2019 at 12:44pm  
Hey Phong,

The export API appears to be exactly what I need. Thanks! Unfortunately it appears to be failing on the sandbox right now:

curl -s -X POST -H "Authorization: Bearer $TOK" "https://platform.devtest.ringcentral.com/restapi/v1.0/account/~/message-store-report"; -d '{ "dateFrom": "2019-03-01T00:00:00.000Z" }' | jq
{
  "errorCode": "AGW-110",
  "message": "Internal Server Error. Consult RC Support.",
  "errors": []
}

In the meantime, I'll read your post and reach out if I have any further questions.

Rich

answered on Mar 21, 2019 at 12:33pm  
Hi Rich,

I am afraid that you have to call the user call-log API or the message-store API for each extension to get access to the message content. But I think you can use the message exports as an alternative to download all messages and message content then access the content locally. If that workaround solution is acceptable then read this blog to see how to export your company message store.
https://medium.com/ringcentral-developers/how-to-archive-companys-messaging-content-3d051068667b

+ Phong

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us