News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Dial by extension IVR key press setup
Tags: ivr
Sep 14, 2018 at 3:14pm   •   3 replies  •  0 likes
robert-czymoch

I am setting up an IVR where there is a prompt that asks the user to dial 1 if you know your parties extension. As an action there is no option under key press. I called suport and they suggested I create a user with no phone and then use a greeting that we record. But it really needs to either wait for the caller to enter an extension or it needs to go back to the main menu after so many seconds. I do not see a way of doing this. Can anyone give me some advice on how to set this up? It seems like something that should be standard.

3 Answers
answered on May 18, 2019 at 4:36am  
Saadet, after just installing my new system, I was told IVR does not support multiple digit responses (just 0-9). I'd like to have something like "if you know your party's extension you may dial it at any time. press 1 for sales. or please hold for the operator." but I didn't see a way to dial extensions from the auto reception IVR with more than 1-digit extensions (I'd like to use 301, 302, 303, etc...). Are you able to dial muti-digit extensions from the first auto-attendant menu? Thanks, Mike

answered on Sep 24, 2018 at 6:52am  
Hey Peter, unfortunately this thread lost the previous comments last week.

There is no need to set up an option to press anything if you know your party's extension. Our system recognizes extension dialing from the beginning of the call. So what I would suggest is you edit your greeting to say, "If you know your party's extension, you may dial it at any time" or something along those lines.

So for instance, if someone calls the main number on my test account, they reach my IVR. They already know they need to talk to Sheila and that her extension is 501. Instead of having to listen to the full IVR greeting, the caller can simply press 501 and will be routed to Sheila.

answered on Sep 21, 2018 at 11:18pm  
I agree, I have no idea why the heck this works this way. I've been trying to do the exact same thing and it's very frustrating

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us