question

aaron-miller15161 avatar image
aaron-miller15161 asked aaron-miller15161 answered

HTTP POST Integration

I am working with several RingCentral customers are use an application that supports HTTP POST to pop customer accounts when a call is delivered. I am not sure where to begin on this so I have a few questions:

1. Does RingCentral support HTTP POST?
  2. How would this be configured?
  3. What port would be used?

Thanks.

integrations
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered
Hi Aaron,

I am not sure what you want to achieve. You can try out APIs from here.

Can you also give more details about "pop customer accounts when a call is delivered" ?
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

aaron-miller15161 avatar image
aaron-miller15161 answered
We are attempting to pass information from RingCentral (caller ID and number dialed) passed via HTTP POST to an application that will then load a customer's account. The other application accepts data via HTTP and my understanding is the RingCenter supports HTTP POST, based on a call with one of their engineers, but how do we set this up?
1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys