question

saadetswift16514 avatar image
saadetswift16514 asked nila16329 answered

Call Log Feedback

Hey Everyone,

We understand that you all have some feedback to share about the new Call Log functionality and design. In order to consolidate and help our Product Team go through your thoughts more easily, I've created this thread.

call logs
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

branding-premiums avatar image
branding-premiums answered
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Call log view - old vs. new. Hi,

Is there any way that call log can be changed back to what it was before -- with a custom range?

New log view isn't really as nearly helpful as the old one.

Case in point: if I select Types of Call boxes unchecked, then data shows up but if I check all types of call, nothing shows up. That makes no sense.

Thanks,
Derrick
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

ralph-milone2043 avatar image
ralph-milone2043 answered
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled NEW CALL LOG. Is there a way to revert back to the old call log?  I cannot copy incoming from numbers for new callers that we take jobs from and we cannot see the full extension name, just the extension number and a few digits of the name.  Old interface allowed us to do both.  If it cant be done, can we at least extend the field size of the "EXT" field?
1 |3000

danny-m12778 avatar image
danny-m12778 answered
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled update. I just noticed today (11/19) that we got a new update. 

A few problems with this:

Can no longer see the full ext name when you're in the detailed button.

Also the scrolling from page to page only goes on the bottom now and not on top.

There are a few more things but these are the first 2 things that stand out the most.
1 |3000

2go-bus avatar image
2go-bus answered
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled The New Call log View on the online portal. The call log view on the online portal is updated. It is not useful. We want the previous version back
1 |3000

Thank you Saadet

1 |3000

bob-robinson3288 avatar image
bob-robinson3288 answered saadetswift16514 commented
Merged topic seems to have lost some of the comment replies that had additional info in them.  I recall a few screenshots and other items that people (including me) were missing.
4 comments
1 |3000

saadetswift16514 avatar image saadetswift16514 commented ·
Yep! They do :) 

Thanks, I knew I was missing one :P
1 Like 1 ·
bob-robinson3288 avatar image bob-robinson3288 commented ·
Actually the one I was following earlier (not merged with this one yet) is called "REALLY HATE THIS NEW CALL LOG INTERFACE" and I had added the following issues:
  • No navigation for first page and last page
  • No ability to resize columns
  • No ability to sort on a particular column
  • Simple view shows who the call was from or to, but not both

0 Likes 0 ·
saadetswift16514 avatar image saadetswift16514 commented ·
Hey Bob, actually, if you click on this for the merged discussions it will show the original comments :)

0 Likes 0 ·
bob-robinson3288 avatar image bob-robinson3288 commented ·
Saadet, do the developers and product support click through to the original topics to see that additional detail?  Also, the topic I mentioned wasn't merged.

Other call log topic
0 Likes 0 ·
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled REALLY HATE THIS NEW CALL LOG INTERFACE. I know I asked before about reverting the call log to the old one and was told its not possible by customer service but it really is inferior to the old one.  The new interface is just horrible!  The old interface gave more visual data and were able to copy and past all fields.  I cannot view complete extension data and transfers of that call without hovering the over the field with the mouse.  Cant copy and paste phone numbers.  I pay over $600 a month on our bill not happy.  Hoping some one makes some changes or reverts back to previous edition.
1 |3000

danny-m12778 avatar image
danny-m12778 answered
I am going to switch.... I am giving RC a chance to revert back to the OLD call log which NOBODY had a problem with. Now it totally disrupted my business. I spend over $1,000/mo on billing and it's been a nightmare... Can't scroll thru the pages easily, can't see the full extension, have to scroll now instead of having it ALL on ONE PAGE, on and and on and on... I hate dealing with the imbeciles over at customer support who sound like they're high all the time and too mellowed out, I've had enough of RC!  The company will go down the toilet if incompetence in the customer service reps  prevails. 

UI designs are meant to fix bugs, improve overall user experience and improve on something.  The old system was NOT broken. Not sure which incompetent person over at RC thought it was a good idea to take what's working, and change it for the hell of it!

BRING BACK THE OLD SYSTEM!
1 |3000

bob-robinson3288 avatar image
bob-robinson3288 answered
I think Microsoft is screwed up in quite a few ways, but they do seem to have it figured out with several of their user experiences.  Outlook web, the Office 365 admin portal, and even Office 2016 desktop apps now have a means to try the new experience or stick with the old experience, plus give a means in the same spot for feedback.

With any significant UI changes, it would be great if we could have similar options in the RingCentral portal and/or apps.

O365 Admin

Outlook Web

Office 2016

1 |3000

guy-griffin avatar image
guy-griffin answered
Our company is currently implementing RingCentral.  We would like to be able to search the Call Log using Name (incoming & outgoing).  We can do that using the RingCentral and RingCental Phone desktop applications, but not the web portal.
1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app