News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Call Log Feedback
Tags: call logs
Nov 28, 2018 at 12:01pm   •   27 replies  •  0 likes
saadet.swift

Hey Everyone,

We understand that you all have some feedback to share about the new Call Log functionality and design. In order to consolidate and help our Product Team go through your thoughts more easily, I've created this thread.

27 Answers
answered on May 15, 2019 at 2:04pm  
I never worked with the old call log, but I need some improvements in the current logs for sure.
1. I need to be able to sort on international calls only
2. I need to see which calling region each call is made to
3. I need to be able to track where I am at with my purchased monthly minutes because I keep getting billed even if I have not reached the maximum number of minutes. I added this over in billing as an idea, because I need all this to validate billing each month. Billing is incorrect each month!

answered on May 7, 2019 at 9:23pm  
I agree with the above.  I see that you can create a custom range now -- many thanks.  But I had to figure it out by trial and error.  Are there any plans to bring back the custom range button?

Many thanks

answered on Mar 4, 2019 at 7:49am  
Just a heads up on continuing feedback... We are now able to resize fields on the call log allowing us to adjust to see full names on extensions.  We are also able to copy incoming phone numbers.  However... There seems to be a slight lag on incoming calls where phone rings before call data is registered.  This can vary from just 5 seconds to as much as 30 seconds before catching up.  Also, when listening to a call record, you cannot leave the browser.  If you leave the browser recording stops playing and you have to start it over again.  Also, when you do a number search you cannot copy the whole number and paste it for records.  You can only do a partial right now to get search results.  I think you are aware of this one.

Not to sound like a broken record but all you guys really needed to do was roll back the old version.  It seems as though you keep trying to correct something that wasnt broken. I appreciate the attempts to correct and as a customer Im not going anywhere else... Yet.  The system is functional and suits our needs but its just frustrating as something was fixed that really wasnt broken.   Sometimes it makes sense to scrap a project that isnt working and go back to a working model than to keep dumping money into something that isnt right.   "OBAMACARE WEBSITE" comes to mind as an example however they wasted tax payer dollars.  You guys are a private company.  Dont know the thought process behind all this but I cant imagine who made the pitch on making changes.  Does that person even have a job anylonger?? LOL.  Just trying to make light of the situation.

Again, just giving an update to what Im experiencing now. 

answered on Mar 2, 2019 at 11:53am  
Everyone is complaining... This is the first time someone from RC said that a "new" rollout will happen on the 26th.  Let's pray that it won't be messed up...

::Bows Head::

"Dear God, who art in Heaven.... Please give the Ring Central employees basic common sense to take care of things and bring it back to the way it was, without any errors, without any fluff... Amen!"

answered on Feb 27, 2019 at 12:49pm  
Things are getting more screwed up as time goes. I just tried searching a phone number to see how often they've called. It's all hosed up now. You have to delete all hyphens and parenthesis, omit the country code, then the search works. Way to keep messing things up. What's the reason for all these changes? It just doesn't make sense. 

answered on Feb 27, 2019 at 12:31pm  
I'm also going to complain about the new call log. When trying to add a contact, it should be updated in real time after saving. The rep on the phone told me it's saved but that the contact information won't come up until that person calls again. This is not very helpful. The contact information should be saved and able to view immediately not updated once they call in again. Please look into this matter and fix. Thank you

answered on Jul 29, 2020 at 9:08pm  
Hey Everyone,

I wanted to let you know that we hear you and our Product Team is aware of the pain points that you have mentioned on this thread. They are working very hard towards making the Call Logs better in many ways. When I learn more about updates coming along I will post on this thread! :)

answered on Feb 20, 2019 at 7:53am  
Weve been saying that NOTHING was broken. There was 0 need to upgrade anything. But some guy in IT wanted to keep his job so he created problems where there wasnt any. Worse part is that they arent fixing it!

answered on Feb 20, 2019 at 8:37am  
Maybe it's the same group that does the website design. I can't reach this forum without ringcentral.com opening four separate tabs in my browser. User interface design must mean something different in the Philippines, or wherever the heck the developers are based out of.

answered on Feb 20, 2019 at 5:48am  
OK... so it goes from bad to worse. New this morning, now I just see an extension number of where the call got transferred. All extension names are not displayed which forces me to go back to the main console and search the extension number. Guys old interface in November wasnt broken. There was no need to try fixing something that wasnt broken. You're killing me!

answered on Feb 19, 2019 at 8:07am  
Woke up this morning to check on client's calls and the Call Log is messed up MORE now, as if that can be possible.  Now the extension is gone and cannot see it anymore.

Also you cannot listen to the convo recording UNLESS you're on the same screen!

What kind of "experts" do you have working there??? I get charged $1k a month for this service and I'm about to change companies and import all my calls.  I'm tired of looking like a fool to my clients!

answered on Jan 11, 2019 at 8:55am  
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Firefox Browser Doesn't Show Full Phone Numbers Unless You Press 'Detailed'. I prefer the older version of ring central. I don't really like the update on the home page. I really like using firefox and on it you can't see the full phone numbers in the recent calls section unless you press 'detailed.' Can this please be fixed in Firefox browser?!?

answered on Dec 14, 2018 at 8:15am  
When the call log format was changed, I took it in stride, just like all the other surprise changes made to components in the portal. But this is ridiculous. When I went to view our call log this morning, I can't see the "From" number at all in the simple view. I tried dropping fields, shrinking my browser view. Nothing works. Please fix this soon and quit playing with tools people use on a regular basis.
(I blurred the names in this graphic)

answered on Dec 5, 2018 at 7:24am  
I guess I'm at a loss as to what cannot be achieved in the new call log.  I can go into Detailed view, export all the content to a spreadsheet and slice it any way possible.  I'm actually looking at the Analytics Reports now as another means for looking at the data and saving particular searches.  The only thing it appears to be missing is fax detail and the ability to filter by department or billing code.  Maybe I'm not a power user of call log, but it seems to offer all the toggles that the old one did and gives the ability to hide and reorder columns.

answered on Dec 4, 2018 at 5:51pm  
Looks like all of the other users have explained the many reasons why the new call log is no good.  I just want to put my name out there as another person who would really like for you to change it back to the old format.  It's disrupting the way we operate and it's taking us twice as long to look up call times in order to charge customers.  Honestly, I don't want this new one improved. I just want it to go back to the old format, which was not broken in the first place.  Please, I'm begging you.  It's only made things harder for us.

answered on Dec 4, 2018 at 2:57pm  
how to keep the old call log skin?

answered on Dec 4, 2018 at 10:43am  
Our company is currently implementing RingCentral.  We would like to be able to search the Call Log using Name (incoming & outgoing).  We can do that using the RingCentral and RingCental Phone desktop applications, but not the web portal.

answered on Nov 28, 2018 at 2:27pm  
I think Microsoft is screwed up in quite a few ways, but they do seem to have it figured out with several of their user experiences.  Outlook web, the Office 365 admin portal, and even Office 2016 desktop apps now have a means to try the new experience or stick with the old experience, plus give a means in the same spot for feedback.

With any significant UI changes, it would be great if we could have similar options in the RingCentral portal and/or apps.

O365 Admin

Outlook Web

Office 2016

answered on Nov 28, 2018 at 1:29pm  
I am going to switch.... I am giving RC a chance to revert back to the OLD call log which NOBODY had a problem with. Now it totally disrupted my business. I spend over $1,000/mo on billing and it's been a nightmare... Can't scroll thru the pages easily, can't see the full extension, have to scroll now instead of having it ALL on ONE PAGE, on and and on and on... I hate dealing with the imbeciles over at customer support who sound like they're high all the time and too mellowed out, I've had enough of RC!  The company will go down the toilet if incompetence in the customer service reps  prevails. 

UI designs are meant to fix bugs, improve overall user experience and improve on something.  The old system was NOT broken. Not sure which incompetent person over at RC thought it was a good idea to take what's working, and change it for the hell of it!

BRING BACK THE OLD SYSTEM!

answered on Nov 28, 2018 at 1:20pm  
Merged topic seems to have lost some of the comment replies that had additional info in them.  I recall a few screenshots and other items that people (including me) were missing.

answered on Nov 28, 2018 at 1:21pm  
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled REALLY HATE THIS NEW CALL LOG INTERFACE. I know I asked before about reverting the call log to the old one and was told its not possible by customer service but it really is inferior to the old one.  The new interface is just horrible!  The old interface gave more visual data and were able to copy and past all fields.  I cannot view complete extension data and transfers of that call without hovering the over the field with the mouse.  Cant copy and paste phone numbers.  I pay over $600 a month on our bill not happy.  Hoping some one makes some changes or reverts back to previous edition.

answered on Jul 29, 2020 at 9:00pm  
Also will add that the date range option needs some help.  You cannot type in a date range, and it's not obvious that to do a custom date range you need to click on the starting date and then shift-click on the ending date.

answered on Nov 28, 2018 at 12:05pm  
Thank you Saadet

answered on Nov 28, 2018 at 12:03pm  
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled The New Call log View on the online portal. The call log view on the online portal is updated. It is not useful. We want the previous version back

answered on Nov 28, 2018 at 12:01pm  
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Call log view - old vs. new. Hi,

Is there any way that call log can be changed back to what it was before -- with a custom range?

New log view isn't really as nearly helpful as the old one.

Case in point: if I select Types of Call boxes unchecked, then data shows up but if I check all types of call, nothing shows up. That makes no sense.

Thanks,
Derrick

answered on Nov 28, 2018 at 12:02pm  
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled update. I just noticed today (11/19) that we got a new update. 

A few problems with this:

Can no longer see the full ext name when you're in the detailed button.

Also the scrolling from page to page only goes on the bottom now and not on top.

There are a few more things but these are the first 2 things that stand out the most.

answered on Nov 28, 2018 at 12:02pm  
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled NEW CALL LOG. Is there a way to revert back to the old call log?  I cannot copy incoming from numbers for new callers that we take jobs from and we cannot see the full extension name, just the extension number and a few digits of the name.  Old interface allowed us to do both.  If it cant be done, can we at least extend the field size of the "EXT" field?

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us